𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"payton?" i can't tell if i'm just hearing things or not.

"tess." he says softly. i squeeze his hand tight.

"yes payton?" i ask.

"you are a beautiful person, with beautiful eyes, and beautiful hair. with beautiful lips, and a beautiful nose. with small, beautiful ears. and a beautiful face. you have a beautiful smile, and i will always love you." he says, like he did the other day.

"and you're my person," i start crying, "and that will never change." payton looks at me and a tear rolls down his cheek. i go out to the hallway and tell the nurse he woke up. we go back  in there and the nurse makes sure he's doing good and i turn around and see my mom walk into the room.

"mom he's awake." i cry and hug her. i pull away from the hug and see the girls.

"i called them and told them to come." my mom says.

"i'm so glad you guys are here." i tell them and hug them all. they smile, not genuinely, just sympathetically. i walk over to payton and smile at him. the nurse makes sure he's ok and turns to me.

"so payton is going to need some rehab for about a month so he's going to be in the hospital, but visiting hours are 8am to 11pm so feel free to stop by and see him." the lady smiles and walks out of the room. i look at payton and hold his hand.

"i'll be here every day." i tell him.

"no no i don't want you to have to do that." he tells me.

"no payton. i want to." i squeeze his hand tighter.

a week later

i've been consistently visiting payton in the hospital. i always bring him 2 cups of chocolate pudding and a water. he always gets excited about it. every time i walk into the room his face lights up so bright. he's so cute. i cant with him.

"hey pay payyyy." i say, strutting into payton's room with pudding cups.

"tessyyy." he smiles and does grabby hands. i hand him pudding and he puts it down and keeps doing grabby hands. i look at him confused at what he's doing but i realize he wants hugs so i hug him. i pull out his homework that i had to take to him from school.

"ugh noooo not homework." he whines and throws his head back and i laugh.

"don't worry, they feel bad so they gave you a coloring page." i smile and tell him.

"ooooou color." he grabs the paper from me and i laugh. the sound dies down in the room.

"are you ok?" i ask him.

"of course. are you?" he asks.

"you're alive. of course i'm ok." i tell him and smile.

"ahh," he grabs my hand and looks at my ring, "it's so beautiful. god i can't wait to marry youuuu." he gets all excited and i laugh. he starts his coloring page and i sit by him and help him. he finishes the coloring page but i'm already asleep.

"goodnight tessy."

*im having writers block help me*