𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

2 months later

i wake up and remember, it's my birthday. april 24th. finally 18, finally going to be independent. move out. do things with my life. payton isn't in my bed and i look at my night stand and see a card. i open the envelope and grab the card.

happy birthday tessy. i love you so much. i cant express how much i love you. i will be home soon. see you later tess.

i love you,
payton.

i set the note down and smile. i love this boy. i walk down the stairs and make something to eat. then i go upstairs and shower and do my hair and change and everything.

 then i go upstairs and shower and do my hair and change and everything

(outfit)

little things starts playing while i do my makeup and i smile and start singing the lyrics. i laugh a little. finally. things have calmed down. it's not so complicated anymore. peace. finally at peace. i hear payton come into the house and i run downstairs and jump on him, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

"i love you." i tell him. he laughs a little.

"i love you too," he says and i get off of him, "happy birthday tess." we run up the stairs and lay on my bed. i hear the girls come into my room.

"ok so happy freaking birthdayyyy." kallie says and they all jump on me. payton starts laughing while i'm over here suffocating.

"y'all are so fat get off of me." i laugh and they all get up.

"girllll we all eat like we're fat that's for sure." savannah says and we laugh. nicole pulls me out of my room and the girls follow.

"let's go buy your wedding dress." she says, with her hand on my shoulder, looking me dead in the eyes. i look at her really seriously and stay silent for a minute.

"let's do it." i say and we all run downstairs.

"where are you guys going??" payton yells, poking his head out of my bedroom door.

"we'll be back." riley shouts and we all laugh as we walk out the door.

2 hours later

after hours of trying on dresses i almost just want to give up.

"guys let's do this another time. i don't think i'm going to find anything today." i tell the girls, about to put my clothes back on while i'm in the dressing room.

"no wait try this one on. it's the last one i promiseeee." savannah says.

"fine. but after this one i'm seriously done." i sigh, grabbing the dress. i hold it up to me in the mirror. it's a beautiful dress. this might be the one actually. i try it on and walk out to show the girls.

"OMG OMG THATS THE ONE." riley almost starts yelling.

"omggg you look like a princess🥺." nicole sinks into her chair.

"girlllll i am in love with itttttt." savannah says.

"oou girl get it get ittttt." kallie says. i stop and look at myself in the mirror. it fits perfectly. it's so beautiful. i almost want to cry.

"this is it. this is the one." i smile.

(the dress)

(the dress)

payton's pov

i walk around the tux stores. eventually i find a tux that i love and buy it. just so i have it done you know.

 just so i have it done you know

(the tux)

tess's pov

the girls and i go home and i notice payton isn't home so i put my dress in the storage closet downstairs and then go to my room. the girls and i watch greys anatomy when payton gets in the house. i go downstairs and he's holding something.

"payton- did you buy your tux?" i ask. he hides it behind his back and starts going sideways toward the storage closet. i realize what he's doing and cover the door.

"NOT IN THERE." i say, almost yelling. he realizes and ends up putting it in the downstairs bathroom closet. we both go up the stairs and lay on my bed, while the girls lay on the floor.

"ight we're going to walmart do y'all wanna come?" riley asks.

"nah i don't." i say and payton shakes his head no. the girls leave and payton lays with me, playing with my hair.

"let's go get married now." he suddenly says.

"wait what-"

"let's do it. let's do it now." he says. i jumped up and run down the stairs. let's do this.