𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

2 weeks later

today quinton and i are presenting our project for science. he's been really nice to me. he's honestly like really sweet. i don't know why i hated him at first. he's so nice.

"hey tess." quinton says, walking up to me in the hallway.

"oh hey quinton." i smile.

"we have to present next period." he says.

"ah i'm so nervous." i squeal.

"dont be nervous," he puts his hands on my shoulders, "it will all be okay. don't worry. we got this." i smile at him and walk to my math class.

class ends

time for science. i'm so nervous. what if i mess up? what if i can't do it? what if i forget everything? no. just breathe. just breathe. just breathe. just breathe. just breathe. i have to keep repeating it in my head as i walk through the hallway and in a split second i end up in front of the door to science. take a deep breath. i walk in the room and sit down beside quinton.

"hey, we can go last if you want." he tells me.

"no, we'll go first." i let out air.

"ok so any volunteers to go first?" the teacher asks.

"we will." i raise my hand, standing up. we go to the front of the class and present our project.  for once i actually feel okay presenting. i don't feel nervous, or worried, or scared. eventually we finish our presentation and the teacher goes and grades it and then comes back and hands us a paper.

"what grade do you think we got?" quinton asks.

"i don't know. let's wait until class ends to open it. i want it to be a surprise." i say.

"wait no let's wait till we go to your house cause if we did good we should celebrate." he tells me.

skip to school being over

quinton and i walk to my car and i get a text from payton.

pay pay 🥺
hey, i can't come over tonight. i'm spending time at my moms, if you need me call me. i'll see you tomorrow 🙃

i put my phone in my pocket and we drive to my house. we go upstairs and just stair at the evaluation paper.

"ok in 3...2...1" we count together and open the paper.

A- 98%

"OMG QUINTON WE DID IT!" i scream and we hug each other, excitedly. i pull away from the hug and i'm almost frozen. i just sit there and we look at each other. i clear my throat and do an awkward smile.

"ok so um do you wanna just hang out?" i ask him.

"sounds good to me." he shrugs. i suddenly get an idea.

"i'll be right back." i walk out of my room and go grab face mask stuff from the bathroom. i walk back to my room and hold it up and quinton sees it and laughs and gets up and we go to the bathroom.

475,996 likestesstessspamspam when you ace a project so you gotta celebrate with bestie 😎

475,996 likes
tesstessspamspam when you ace a project so you gotta celebrate with bestie 😎

view all 321 comments

eventually we're done with the masks and we peel them off.

"ouch dude this hurts." quinton says. i laugh.

"here let me help." i say and start peeling it off of his face.

"ow ouch owie ouch this hurtssss." he sounds like a little girl i start dying laughing. eventually i get it off of him and he rubs his face. i take mine off in one rip.

"i- how did you just do that?" he looks so offended. i start laughing and it starts raining.

"omg i love rainnnn." he says.

"bro sameeee." i tell him. we go out onto the balcony and lay on the cement. the rain starts pouring and we laugh. i can't get up and we both start dying laughing. quinton helps me up and just holds me in his arms for a minute as we're laughing. we walk back into my room and i go take a shower in my bathroom and he takes a shower in the downstairs bathroom. he comes back upstairs and i'm sitting on my bed, dressed, with a towel around my head. he has a towel wrapped around his waist and looks at me.

"i don't have any other clothes." he says and we both start dying laughing. i go in my closet and grab a pair of sweats that i have because they're mens sweats anyway. i throw them at him and throw a men's sweatshirt at him.

"you just have like men's clothes in your closet." he laughs at me.

"heyyyyy i like oversized things okkkkk." i laugh and sit down on my bed and he goes to change. he comes back and jumps on me while i'm on the bed. he starts tickling me and i start laughing so hard i can't breathe. we finally stop laughing and look at each other. just looking into each other's eyes. the second time today. he's just on top of me and we're staring at each other. he shakes his head and stands up.

"haha soooo anyways." he says. i lay there and think for a second.

"oh what the hell- " i say, getting up and kissing him. he grabs my waist and pulls me in more. we finally pull away from the kiss. for a minute i forgot about payton. i know we aren't dating but i feel kinda bad. but i don't know.

"i like you." quinton blurts out. i stand here just silent. do i like him? i wanna say no, but i think i do.

"i like you too." i say. well now what am i going to do?

*BCBCNDNNDNS HOPE YALL ARE MAD AT ME BAHAHA*