Part 14

Kara's POV

It's been over a 48 hours since I did the spell on stiles. Alaric had a vampire from the school compell someone to bring the sand clock to a secret location. I asked Derek to go pick it up. I didn't want to risk someone seeing me. I thought that maybe hope didn't tell our family and they weren't coming. I don't know how I got that lucky but I still had to stay in high alert.
Derek was about to get to beacon hills. He texted me about 2 hours ago saying he picked up the sand clock. I was feeling super drowsy. My skin was dark and I felt light headed all the time. My uncle and aunt had me on bed rest until Derek got back but I was going crazy. I was way too weak to protect myself from the Mikaelsons. I snuck outside and went to a diner near my house. It was a public place so I was pretty safe.
I got a text from Derek about 5 minutes later. He said he just passed the welcome to beacon hills sign. I ordered a coffee and waited for Derek.
"Hey Kaylee!" The waitress said to me.
"Hey Jupiter. Can I have a coffee please?"
"Sure thing. Are you ok? You don't look so good."
"I'm fine I'm just waiting for someone." Just then I saw Derek outside the diner gesturing me to come over to him.
"On second thought Jupiter, can you cancel that?" She nodded as I stood up and walked out. I stumbled a bit but Derek helped me to an alleyway. We passed a few people on the way but I think they just thought I was either sick or drunk. He took the sand clock out of his bag and gave it to me. I instantly felt better. Derek stood and watched the colour return to my skin and my posture return to its upright position.
"Feel better?" He asked me.
I nodded smiling.
"What are you gonna do with that?"
"I'm going to make sure it doesn't break."
"And if it does?" He saw the look on my face change when he asked me. I learned all about black magic from my aunt Freya. At least she wasn't always awful to me. She told me that it can affect your heart and mind and give you uncontrollable darkness. I looked back up towards Derek.
"You don't want to know..."

Hayley's POV

We arrived at this little town in California looking for Kara. We didn't know if those visions were planted or not so all of us were on high alert. But to be honest, the only thing on my mind was Kara. I think it was the same for the rest of the family. It nearly killed us when Kara ran away. We know that we treated her wrong and we were going to change.
We were driving around town in our minivan when we saw a suspicious man gesturing to someone. We followed his line of sight to see a 16 year old, sick girl. She looked so familiar but I couldn't see her properly. She then got up and stumbled out of her booth. She had colourless skin and had to lean on the man to stop her from falling over. It took me a second to figure it out but hope knew straight away... It was Kara!

Only me and klaus got out so that it would look less conspicuous. We followed our daughter (who was stumbling around the pavement) into an alleyway. The man then reached into his bag. I was about to walk over but klaus stopped me. He stared at what the man was holding. It looked like an hourglass.

Klaus looked at the object and it seemed to heal our daughter

Klaus looked at the object and it seemed to heal our daughter. Colour came back to her skin and she stood straight again.
"What was that?" I asked klaus
"It was the mora meserium, Kara did black magic..."

"What do you mean Kara did black magic, it's too dangerous!" Freya yelled
"I don't know but I looked like it took its toll. She looked so sick. But then this hourglass thing healed her." I said
"The Mora Miserium." Klaus added looking up.
"Why didn't you go get her?" Hope asked annoyed.
"Hope..... It wasn't the right time." Klaus said
"Your dads right, we will get her tomorrow." Hope rolled her eyes and stormed off. I could tell she wanted her twin back, and so did I.