Part 17

Kara's POV

"Hope? She's here? What about the rest of them?" My uncle spat, his words full of hatred for my family. I had just told him about hope after coming home from the woods.
"I didn't see them but I doubt she'd come alone." I said back.
"Right, that's it. Kara, we're leaving." My uncle Kol said grabbing some suitcases and taking them up to my room.
"What are you doing?" I said as he put my clothes in bags.
"I'm packing. There's no way I'm letting you stay here if you saw hope." He then moved onto my herbs and grimoires and stuffed them into a duffel.
"Stop it!" I said taking the clothes he packed and putting them in a drawer.
"Kara! They're going to take you and these past years, it will be like they never happened. Do you think they have changed. They're just filled with pride!" I just stopped. I looked at him.
"I won't let anyone take me. This is my home."
He looked at me and reached into his pocket, pulling out the golden dagger.
"If you see any of them,don't hesitate. Just because it's golden doesn't mean it won't work on the others." He said giving it to me. We both smiled.

1 hour later

I was at Lydia's with Alison. We were waiting for Kira so that we could go to the mall.
"I say we meet her at the mall." I suggested.
"Seconded!" Lydia said.
"Isn't that kinda mean?" Alison asked.
"Not at all. It will just save time. Lydia, tell her to meet us outside of the mall instead." I said standing up and walking out.

We were all on the street on our way to the mall but I felt like I was being watched. I stopped and turned around but I couldn't see anything.
"You ok?" Alison asked. I nodded and went to catch up to them.
We got to the mall and went to a clothing store. Lydia walked out with about 5 bags but me and Alison didn't buy anything. After that we went to the food court to meet Kira. We were walking there when I felt like I was being watched again. I looked around again but this time I saw someone. I stopped walking.
"Kara what's wrong?" I didn't answer them so they followed my line of sight to see me staring at someone.
"Who is that?"

Hope's POV

"She wasn't there! You said Kara would be at the hairdressers but she wasn't there!" I yelled at my uncle Elijah.
"What are you talking about. She said she was going there." He replied
"Maybe we should just find Kol and ask him if he knows where my daughter is. Hopefully this time he won't lie." My dad said.
"Niklaus! Don't do that. If Kara has been living here for the past years with Kol I imagine she will be quite fond of him." My dad looked back at uncle Elijah.
"Why don't you and hope go out and clear you're heads. I will continue the search and call you if we find anything." He asked. Dad took my hand and we walked out.
We ended up walking around the town for a while before we realised that none of us knew where anything was in this town. We were wandering around when we came across a mall. We walked in and went to the food court. We were about to sit down when my dad stopped.
"Dad? Dad what's wrong?" I asked. He gestured towards the girl he was looking at. She was with a group of her friends. She had brown hair with blonde highlights. I couldn't see her face but they looked like they were laughing. It seemed like the world was in slow motion. Then I realised who it was.
"Kara!" I said to my dad. He nodded, never taking his eyes of her. She started to look around. Her eyes landed on dad.
"Kara, what's wrong? Who is that?" One of my sister's friends asked. I started to walk towards her. She looked around with fear in her eyes.

Kara's POV

I was starting to breathe heavily again.
"Kara, Kara calm down!" Lydia said.
The lights started to flicker. The girls got me out of the mall.
"Kara! Breathe!" Alison yelled. I slowed down and she hugged me.
"Who was that?"  Lydia asked me.
"My dad." They looked at me. Then I heard something from inside the mall.

"I got your text, what happened here? The lights are sparking." It was my uncle Elijah
"Kara was here. She got scared when she saw us." My sister said.

"They're inside!" I said, pulling the golden dagger from my bag.
"What is that?" Alison asked.
"It's how I'm going to get rid of them!" I said walking into the mall with the dagger hidden behind my back.