A Life Changing Conversation

Rosabella's Point Of View:

I was sleeping soundly dreaming of playing quiditch back in Hogwarts. Zooming around all over the place flying with my older twin brothers, the Weasley twins and Harry with Oliver Wood shouting some new Quidditch strategy at us. Harry was reaching for the snitch, if he caught it we'd win the quiditch house cup. Just as Harry's fingers were enclosing around the snitch, I jolted awake. I immediately realized I was both cold and wet. I looked up to see Jason and Jacob with a bucket in their hands both consumed with uncontrollable laughter.

"REALLY AN ICE BUCKET! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR? GRYFFINDOR WERE ABOUT TO WIN! YOU COULDN'T WAIT TWO MORE MINUTES?" I screeched.

This just made then laugh more.

"You-" Jacob tried to reply.

"Should of-" Jason said.

"Seen your-" Jacob said.

"FACE!" They said in unison while rolling around on the floor clutching their stomachs.

Me being well me, immediately started to laugh too and was soon laughing as hard as them. After 5 minutes of uncontrollable laughter. The twins told me breakfast was ready. I jumped on Jacob's back and we went down to breakfast. How we managed to get down the stairs of the manor without Jacob and I falling I'll never know. When we got to the kitchen I got off Jacob's back and went to hug uncle Remus.

"Mornig Rem." I said cheerfully.

"Morning Ro - why are you so wet?" He asked amused as if he knew the answer already.

I fake pouted.

"Jay and Jake woke me up with an ice bucket." I said pretending to be upset.

Remus looked at the twins, who were snickering at the table, and then back at me and he started laughing too. When he calmed down he started to place the food on the table.

Lucas and Michael came into the kitchen in the middle of a conversation about school subjects. Michael was stressing about his OWLS next year and Lucas was comforting him.

"There only a year away! There's no way I can remember all of the stuff I need to! How did you do it?" Michael said looking at Lucas with a hopeless expression.

"Dont worry little bro, you always get the best marks on your exams and if your really that worried I can start quizzing you. You'll do great." Lucas said with his familiar brotherly smile. "Only wish the rest of our siblings cared about their grades as much as you do." Lucas said, glancing at Jasin, Jacob and I with a sly smile.

We flipped him off, causing both him and Michael to start laughing.

Michael looked calmer now as Lucas's words sunk in. He was about to thank Lucas but then he caught sight of me.

"Thanks Lu - why are you so wet Ro?" Michael said with a knowing look.

He and Lucas were fighting smiles.

"The twins decided it'd be fun to wake me up by throwing a bucket of freezing cold water on me." I replied while trying not to laugh.

We all laughed but not as much as before. The prank becoming old news, since pranks are a common occurrence in this house. Uncle Remus then used the drying spell so I wasn't wet and cold anymore. We all began to eat our breakfast. We had pancakes! I love pancakes.

As the twins were devising plans for pranks for their fifth year at Hogwarts and Lucas and Michael talking to Remus about school and what they cant wait to do when we go back, I was eating lost in my own thoughts.

I'd seen alot of different siblings at Hogwarts, the Weasleys mainly, and how they bicker and argue and I realised that me and my siblings have never argued apart from playful arguement that only end when we cant continue because we cant stop laughing.

I couldn't help but wonder why we never argue. I eventually came to the conclusion that losing your parents at such a young age makes you appreciate your family more. I couldn't imagine not having my older brothers teasing me, playing with me, supporting me, encouraging me . . . protecting me, even though I insist on not needing it. Still, it's nice knowing they always have my back. Not that I would ever say it out loud.