Flight Of The Fat Lady

Rosabella's Point Of View:
During the next week, I returned to Professor McGonagall.

"Miss Black, are you sure you understand to process of becoming an Animagus?" Professor McGonagall asked seriously.

I recited the Animagus process back to here. I didn't miss out a single detail. She smiled at me proudly.

"I will not deny that I'm impressed, Miss Black." Professor McGonagall said.

I smiled back at her.

"When can we start?" I asked.

I didn't bother to contain my excitement.

"Your enthusiasm is refreshing, Miss Black. We can start right now."

Professor McGonagall replied, while handing me a Mandrake leaf.

"Do not take it out your mouth for a month. If you do you will have to start over. Now let's just hope the next full moon is not on a cloudy night." McGonagall continued.

"Thankyou, Professor." I replied.

I put it in my mouth. This is not going to be easy.

"Goodluck, Miss Black." McGonagall said.

I nodded and smiled at her.

Over the next few weeks I had barely talked, I ate and drank as little as possible. One more day and the month will be up. My brothers were extremely concerned. I hadn't told them about trying to become an Animagus because they would try to stop me. The trio knew what was going on but I made them promise not to tell them. They would just worry and obsess over me. Uncle Remus, however, he had figured it out. What was more surprising was that he gave me permission, as long as I listened to Professor McGonagall. He found my brother's frustration rather enjoyable. Them going into big brother protection mode was not the only reason I didn't tell them. It was rather funny watching them try to figure it out.

It also became obvious that Defence Against the Dark Arts had become everyone's favourite lesson. Everyone except Malfoy and his gang of Slytherins. They would make fun of his shabby clothes. One time before lesson it took Harry, Ron, Seamus and Dean to hold me back from attacking him. But the start of October also meant the start of the quiditch season.

Oliver Wood, captain of the Gryffindor quiditch team has called a meeting to discuss tactics.

"This is our last chance – my last chance – to win the Quiditch Cup. I'll be leaving at the end of this year. I'll never get another shot at it. Gryffindor haven't won for seven years now. Ok, so we've had the worst luck in the world – injuries – then the tournament getting called of last year . . ." He stopped and swallowed as if the memory still brought him pain.

"But we also know we've got the best – ruddy – team – in – school." Oliver said, punching a fist into his other, the old manic glint back in his eye.

"We have three superb Chasers." Oliver said pointing to Jason, Jacob and I. The three of us bowed exaggerately.

"We've got two unbeatable Beaters." Oliver continued.

"Stop it Oliver, you're embarrassing us." Fred and George said together, pretending to blush.

"And we've got a Seeker who has never failed to win us a match!" Wood exclaimed, staring at Harry with a kind of furious pride.

"And me" he added as an afterthought.

"We think you're very good too Oliver." Fred said.

"Cracking Keeper." Jason agreed.

"The point is the quiditch cup should of had our names on it these last two years. Ever since Harry joined the team. But we haven't got it, and this year's the last chance we'll get to finally see our name on the thing. . ." Wood spoke so dejectedly that even Fred, George,  Jason, Jacob and I looked sympathetic.

Usually we would just tease him for being a crazy fanatic.

"Oliver this is our year." George said.

"We'll do it, Oliver!" Jacob said enthusiastically.

"Definitely." Harry said.