Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs

Rosabella's Point Of View:
It took a few minutes fot the absurdity of this statement to sink in. Ron voiced what I was thinking.

"You're both mental!" Ron exclaimed.

"Ridiculous!" Hermione said faintly.

"Peter Pettigrew's dead! He killed him twelve years ago!" Harry said firmly.

Harry pointed at Black, whose face twitched convulsively.

"I meant to, but little Peter got the better of me . . . not this time, though!" Black growled, baring his teeth.

Black lunged for Scabbers and Ron. Winter snarled viciously at Black, baring her sharp teeth.

"Sirius, NO! WAIT! You can't do it just like that – they need to understand – we've got to explain –" Remus yelled, dragging Sirius back.

"I DID MY WAITING! TWELVE YEARS OF IT! IN AZKABAN! WE CAN EXPLAIN AFTER!" Black shouted in a heartbreaking voice.
Remus put his hands on Black's shoulders and looked him in the eye.

"I know, Sirius. Just wait a few more minutes they have a right to know everything. Ron's kept him as a pet! There are parts of it even I don't understand! Rosabella and Harry! You owe them the truth, Sirius!" Remus said desperately.

Black suddenly stopped. He looked at Harry and I, still in each others arms. He then turned back towards Ron and kept his eyes fixed on Scabbers.

"All right, then. Make it quick, Remus. I want to commit the murder I was imprisoned for." Black said in an empty voice.

Remus then tried to convince us that Peter actually betrayed the Potters and my mother and that Sirius hunted him down. We pointed out that there was a whole street full of witnesses.

"They didn't see what they thought they saw!" Black said savagely, still watching Scabbers struggle in Ron's hands.

The trio and I all looked at each other and agreed silently, THEY WERE BOTH NUTTERS!

"But Professor Lupin . . . Scabbers can't be Pettigrew . . . it just cant be true." Hermione said in a trembling voice.

"Why cant it be true?" Remus said calmly, as if we were in class.

"Because people would know if Peter Pettigrew had been an Animagus. We did Animagi in class with Professor McGonagall. I looked them up when doing the homework – the Ministry keeps taps on people trying and have a register showing what animals and their markings and things. I went and looked at it. Professor McGonagall is on there but Pettigrew wasn't." Hermione informed still in a trembling voice.

"Was Sirius Black on there, Hermione?" I asked.

"No . . ." Hermione answered, looking uneasy.

"I guess not everyone registers." I said.

"Your both right. The Ministry didn't know that there used to be three unregistered Animagi running around Hogwarts." Remus said.

We all held our breath as we heard aloud creak behind Remus. Remus looked for the source.

"No one there . . ." Remus confirmed.

Remus then started telling us about his time at Hogwarts.

Thinking this maybe a long story, I pulled out of Harry's arms and grabbed his hand, pulling him with me and we sat by Ron on the bed. Hermione joined us and we all listened to Remus. The only time we interrupted was when Harry wanted to know what animal his dad could turn into but he was shushed by Hermione.
I ignored Hermione's shushing, when Remus told us all the nicknames. Sirius was Padfoot.

"You're Padfoot?" I asked looking at my father.

He nodded with a knowing look. I revealed the locket that I kept hidden under my clothes. Remus looked taken aback.

"When did you give her that?" Remus said, almost accusingly at Black.

"Christmas." Sirius replied simply.

Remus looked like he was about to scold me but Sirius told him to get on with the story.