🐠 chapter 12

Taehyung swam around for a while. But now he approached Jungkook who was sitting on the edge looking at him. He came out of the water and pushed himself up using Jungkooks legs. He crossed his arms on the human's lap and rested his chin on his arms looking up at jungkook.

"you come swim too?" taehyung asked.

"ah, well if you want to" jungkook didnt want to bother Taehyungs water where the other was swimming in.

"of course please, join me" taehyung let go of the older's legs and went back in tje water. Keeping his head above the water. He watched Jungkook take off his shirt and couldnt help but blush when he noticed the others well build torso. His abs and muscles were visible. Yes he notived the other had been shirtless before when he was in the sea but then he stayed at distance. So he couldnt see all details.

He moved back a but giving jungkook space to get in the water. Smiling when the raven finnaly was with him in the water.

"lets do a battle to the other side" taehyung said jungkook knew it wouldnt be a fair race but he cant say 'no' to Taehyung so he nodded.

"sure"

They got in pisition and on Taehyungs mark they took off. Jungkook was very fast compaired to a regular person. But taehyung was faster.
He was a merman after all.

"i won!"

"mhm you did" Jungkook chuckled. He wasnt even feeling bad he lost seeing taehyung this happy. It made him happy too.

"come on i will make you go fast too!" taehyung grabbed Jungkook's hand and started swimming pulling jungkook after him.

Tarhyung felt jungkook pull his hand away and got above the water spitting put water. The raven wiped his face and brushed his hair back.

"oh no, are you okay?" taehyung hurried to the human looking concerned.

"Tae warn me first" he said.

"im sorry, i forgot you cant breathe like i do"

Jungkook not opened his eyes, his heart skipped. A beat seeing Taehyung this close. His blue ocean eyes looking up at him innocently.
Jungkook couldnt keep himself from touching the boy's cheek feeling his delicate soft skin.

Taehyung didnt move he stayed right there his eyes twinkling.

"so beautiful" jungkook whispered while they unconsciously moved closer touching jungkook's hand that was on his cheek. He liked the touch a lot.

*ring*

Jungkook pulled his hand away and turned around. Without saying anything else he got out of the pool searching for his phone in the pockets of his pants.

"yea, this is Jeon" he talked to the phone. "sorry its important. I will be back." he said to taehyung covering the speaker. Then he left the room. Leaving Taehyung alone and confused with a sad expression.

-

It took Jungkook a while to return to the pool. But he returned. He walked inside the room now fully dressed again. He expected Taehyung to be in the water but to his surprise the boy was sitting scross legged on the side looking at it. He was already wearing his shirt and boxers again fully dry. So jungkook assumed taehyung had been out of the water for a while now.

"hey" he said standing now next to the blue merman.

"oh Hello" taehyung looked up giving the other a short smile before it dissapeared again and he stared at the water again.

"you already done swimming?"

Taehyung nodded silently.

"do you want anything now? I have to meet up with someone in a bit" jungkook said walking to get Taehyungs pants that were laying on a bench nearby.

"i dont know" taehyung said. He still didnt know a lot of the land life so he couldnt just say whatever he wanted to do. He needed Jungkook to show him things.

"i can turn the tv on for you?"

"okay"

The two headed back up to the main floor and as said Jungkook turned on the tv. Taehyung sat on the couch having a warm blanket around him.

"i have to leave now, i will try to be back before dinner okay?"

"thats fine" taehyung nodded. Inside he didnt want the human to leave him alone, but he knew Jungkook had a life as well.

"see y-"

"can i have that?" taehyung pointed to the shirt Jungkook was holding. It was the one the raven had taken off when they went to swim.

"uh sure" jungkook handed taehyung the shirt, who smiled wide and held it in his hands.
Then Jungkook walked away, leaving the merman alone.

-

Its been a few hours. Taehyung didnt like it. The house felt cold and huge without Jungkook. The unknown new things and sounds were scaring him. He didnt know how Jungkook could live here alone. Taehyung shivered and pulled the shirt against him. Smelling Jungkook's scent that was in the fabric, it managed to calm him down.

"the deep water are full of life-"

The tv was talking to him. At first he thought it was special but now he didnt notice it anymore. Well that was untill it went to a nature channel, it was about the sea.
It caught Taehyungs attention again and he stared at the sceen interested.

"these fish are always in groups-"

"i like those fish, they are my friends" taehyung said.
Seeing all these sea images he began to feel homesick. His smile faded and he looked through the glass where the sun was almost gone behind the horison. Seeing the sea waves reflecting the last lights of the sun.

His home...

Taehyung sighed looking down at the shirt. He wasnt human...He didnt belong here..No matter how much he loved it here, he felt the sea calling him. The sound of waves was in his ears. He couldn't go around it.

Taehyung stood up placing the shirt on the couch with the blanket. Sliding the glass door open and he went outside. The sound of the sea was getting louder with every step he took closer down to the beach.

The next moment he found himself standing in the sands at the edge of the sea. His feet almost touching the water. Taehyung took off his clothes placing them neatly in the sand and looked at the water. He walked forward his feet were now getting wet.

-

It was later than he wanted when Jungkook hurried out of his car into his house.

"Taehyung, im back. Im sorry i am so late. Hoseok needed these picures and-" jungkook stopped when he didnt see Taehyung on the couch. But the tv was in.

"Tae?" he called looking around in the room. Luckily he had a open room so in one turn he had the whole floor scanned. But the merman was no where to be seen.

Jungkook frowned and went upstairs. "taehyung?" he checked every room in his house but found nothing. Then the last spot. He ran all the way downstairs to the pool.

But it was empty.

Jungkook began to feel worried when he went back up. What if something happened while he was gone? The raven went back to the livingroom and turned off the tv to clear his house from its noise.

But when he turned around his eyes fell on the couch. Seeing a folded blanket and his neatly folded shirt.
His heart clenched and his eyes went sad picking up the shirt in his hands.

"Tae?......." he sounded confused.

---

Well...

Uhm yea thank you for reading, see you at the next chapter!
🌼🌼