🐠 chapter 36

Its time! its time!"

Taehyung swam through the sea with a happy face. His 24 hours were done and he could leave the water again, he swam back to jungkooks little bay while munching some seawead that he grabbed on the way.

Hello fishies he greeted the smaller creatures. They swam to him cirling around him making the merman smile. Taehyung had been feeling happier lately, and less alone. Knowing that there was someone there for him, someone waiting for him. Knowing that he had Jungkook.

For him it felt like going home, this bay was his home. Because thats where he felt safe,

thats where Jungkook was.

*splash*

Taehyung flinched from the sudden noise and vibration in the water. The fish around him swam away in panick leaving the boy alone, the water around him suddenly so dark and empty.

What is that?

He followed the bubbles and saw a long thing with a ball at the end. But then when he looked further it wasnt just that. It was a huge net.
He quickly swam away from it seeing how a few of the last fish got stuck in the net.

No, dont take them!

He was talking but he knew no one up there could hear him. For them it was just silent sea waters. The men on the boat were deaf for nature.
Taehyung tried to go and save the fish tugging at the ropes. Suddenly the net went up and taehyungs tail got stuck in the smaller ropes of the net.

Ah no!

He wiggled his tail and bend to get it free. The surface of the sea coming closer and closer.
The boy was panicking and regretting that he tried. He only got himself in trouble again.

He could feel the seawater get warmed. He tugged at the tail, the soft thin end as twisted between the knots. He could hear shouting voices and the sun through the water on his glowing skin.

He gave one last try, but a part of his tail ripped. But he got free. As fast he could he swam to the bay where he would be safe. Far far away from these humans and boats.

The merman reached the beach and swam untill he couldn't anymore then crawling with his hands further into the dry sand.

"jungkook!" he shouted. "jungkook!" again. His eyes watching the glass wall of the house. There was a movement and the door opened, the raven haired human appeared outside.

"tae?" jungkook looked down seeing the boy he loves with his beautiful tail, but then he noticed something...Taehyung was bleeding. He went inside and grabbed a towel before running down to the beach as fast he could. "what happend?!" he asked worried and fell on his knees next to taehyung in the sand.

"b-bad man trow net to fish, i-i got stuck" taehyung said he was so shocked just now that he now started to cry. "i was scared"

"hey, hey, you're safe here now. Im here, you will be fine" jungkook said and stroked his wet blue hair to calm the boy.

"it hurts" taehyung said and wiped his eyes. He looked how jungkook grabbed the towel and wrapped it around the end of his tail. The cloth soaking up the watet that had mixed with the blood.

"lets get you inside" jungkook sais and scooped taehyung in his arms. The merman wrapped his arms around jungkooks neck holding him. He was still amazed how easy jungkook lifted him up with tail and all and carried him up into the house, all the way to the bathroom where he out the boy down in the bathtub filling it a bit with water to he wont shift back yet.

Taehyung had fallen silent the raven looked at him before gently grabbing the bottom part of his tail, the thin blue end moved like a silk cloth over his hand.
He saw the ripped part wasnt that bad and it had luckily almost stopped bleeding. So he wetten the towel and cleaned away the sand carefully.

"it will heal, you are fine"  jungkook said and caressed taehyungs tail. Feeling the wet and rather cold scales under his palm.

"what if i get taken like those fish...What if they will eat me" taehyung asked staring down and playing a bit with the small pool of water in the tub.

"hey dont think about that, they wont eat you. And no one..." jungkook stopped talking. Becuase he still wasnt sure if that man saw or not. He shouldnt tell lies.

"no one what?"

"its nothing, lers get you dry and we can go do something fun"

"okay" taehyung let the water go away and raised up his arms to the human letting him lift him out of the tub onto the towel that was on the floor.
Jungkook wrapped the big towel around taehyungs tail and patted it, that was taehyung would shift and immediately be covered.
"thank you, you are very kind" taehyung said smiling at jungkook.

"stop saying that, we are boyfriends now. It isnt strange for me to be kind, right" jungkook said with a chuckle. Taehyung hummed and looked at the other.

"okay..Then i will say you are handsome"

"o-oh, thanks" jungkook was taken off guard by that and scratched his neck smiling.
"are you hungry?"  he then asked.

"no, i already ate in sea" taehyung replied and stood up he held jungkooks shoulder for support ahen he got up.

"alright then, we should go buy new clothes for you"

"but i want your clothes"

"you cant ways wear mine. I dont have that many" jungkook said.

"but-....Fine" taehyung wanted to protest but then gave in. He knew jungkook was right it can be strange if you wear someone else's clothes all the time.

So they went upstairs to get dressed and ready to go outside. Jungkook was already done just having to change into a pair of shoes.

Taehyung put on jungkooks sweater that covered untill his mid thighs, he removed the towel which exposed his slim legs.

The humans eyes noticed and were glued to the skin he saw. It was looking soft and beautiful. What if he would just...Touch it, just quickly.

"no kook" he said to himself and folded his hands together. "watch with eyes not hands" yes jungkook had some different thoughts about the merman time to time. But he wasnt going to force the boy for anything. He wanted taehyung ro be comfortable, and take it slow. It was all new for taehyung, he respected and understood it.

"im done" taehyung said and showed himself off to jungkook by making a spin. He was wearing a beige sweater and white shorts.

"looks good" jungkook said and stood up. He walked to taehyung and placed a soft kiss on his hair which was still a bit wet.
"salty" he said

"oh, let me rinse it out" taehyung said and hurried to the bathroom. He wanted to have fresh hair.

---

My eye hurt from the cold outside, how-
Annyway i have a test today and i really dont know how it will go.

Thank you for reading, gonna speed up things a bit from here seeing im already at chapter 36...
See you in the next update!
🌊🌊🌊