4.

It has been a few months since you started working undercover

It has been a few months since you started working undercover. You had to change your appearance as you couldn't get caught and risk everything. You made new friends in the mafia while also doing your job to get all the intel the FBI needs.

"Hey Josh!" you yelled across the car shop as you grabbed a couple of beers out of the fridge.

"Hey, what's up Harper?" He looked up from his work, chuckling when he saw you. Harper was your undercover name for this job.

"Nothing much, just chilling out. Here." you hand him a bottle before going to open yours.

"Thanks, Harp. What are you doing tonight? I heard a couple of people are going bar hopping tonight to celebrate the new member?" Josh questioned, opening his beer, taking a sip of it.

"Ah yes, what's his name? Tyler?" You leaned against the car that Josh was working on as he thought about it then nodded his head in response.

"I'll go if you go. You know I love going bar hopping." You smiled at Josh as he laughed and nodded once again.

"Cool. Maybe you could bring your 'buddy'?" you winked at him.

Josh was the first person to be introduced to you and you both immediately became good friends. There was something that clicked between you guys, you consider him as a brother more than a friend. You hated that you were basically lying to him due to your job, but there was nothing you could do about it. You weren't sure if he would snitch on you since he was a member of the mafia, and a high-ranking member at that.

"Shut up." he mumbled as you laughed and ruffled his hair jokingly.

"Come on, just bring him. I know there's something going on between you two!" You spoke excitedly, knowing how he felt about this new guy he was talking to.

"Fine. I'll bring him along but only if you bring your 'friend' along!" He winked at you before setting his beer down and getting back to work on the car in front of him.

"Josh! I told you, we aren't dating or anything! I just had a crush on him but now I don't!" you yelled out but he chose to ignore you by waving you off so you just groaned and left. You said your goodbyes to him after throwing the beer bottle away, choosing not to finish it.

You headed for your apartment and your phone started ringing on the walk back. You grabbed your phone to see an unknown number as the caller ID. Your brows furrowed in confusion, yet you answered the call anyways.

"Hello, this is Harper." You spoke after putting the phone to your ear.

"Y/n? We may have a solid case." It was Derek.

"What do you mean? Does this mean we're going home?" You asked, looking around to make sure no members were around to hear your conversation.

"Yes, we have plans to arrest Henry tonight." Derek answers, making you sign in relief.