8.

You were able to get yourself together as you met up with the team

You were able to get yourself together as you met up with the team. Spencer followed behind. You were able to hold your composure around him by distracting yourself into work.

".. Yeah but why the organs?" you heard as you walked up to everyone.

"Consumption typically indicates a desire to keep the victim with them. He's having trouble letting go. We're probably looking for someone with severe abandonment issues." Spencer says as he joins you and the team.

"It'll be light soon, let's get everybody together and go over what we know." Hotch says and you walked off with everyone to meet at the tavern to present the profile. You and Spencer kept looking at each other every once in a while but you never talked to him. You grabbed a cup of coffee and gave one to Spencer while also getting one for yourself. You could be mad at him, but you weren't. You brushed it off and sat on a table to start presenting.

"We're looking for an emotionally immature male, probably in his mid to late twenties, who suffered a traumatic loss." Hotch starts off, looking at everyone.

"Now, this loss could be anything. Death of a parent, separation of a spouse, a loved one who moved away. Something that made the unsub feel abandoned and alone." Derek continued and Dave went after him.

"He'll have extensive hunting experience. The bodies were buried not because of remorse, they were buried to protect them from animals."

"His familiarity with the victims' routines suggest the unsub has lived here for most of his life." Emily continued, crossing her arms together.

"He also has extensive knowledge of the landscape and surroundings." you finished, taking a sip of your coffee. The coffee was the only thing keeping you awake right now. You would probably be passed out on a table somewhere if you didn't have a coffee in your hand.

"So we should spilt up and cover the town. Focus on younger residents with a history of petty crimes and assaults." Hotch tells the officers the plan.

"You should look in their trash, fireplaces, even in laundry. Look for signs of bloody clothes or even cuts and bruises. One of the victims may have gotten in a good blow or two before they died." Derek explains to everyone.

"Bring in anyone who seems to have something to hide. The unsub has already broken patterns, so he could strike again at any time." you said as you looked at each of the officers.

"Sheriff, you and I need to look at the school, talk to the teacher, see if she remembers any students exhibiting early signs of homicidal tendencies. Let's move." Hotch says and everyone starts to get up to cover the town.

You headed out with Derek and Dave to ask around to figure out the unsub. Then Dave got called to the sheriffs office to question someone so Derek and you stayed out questioning some more people. After a while, you and Derek headed back to the tavern to see if anyone there had any information.