11.

A/n: *TW: Mentions of suicide attempt and drugs*Also sorry this chapter is short, I'm gonna make it up for y'all in the next one

Also sorry this chapter is short, I'm gonna make it up for y'all in the next one. <3

A few months later, you made it back to work. After coming home from the hospital, you stayed home for a few weeks and started your medications, and went to therapy. It was successful so far and you were cleared to head back to work a month later.

When you came back to work, things between you and Spencer were tense. He still didn't know why you left but he had a feeling it was him.

Yet you two stayed civil with each other when you were away on cases. But when you were home, you two stayed away from each other.

Dave and Derek were the only ones who knew everything and they kept you afloat. Without them, you didn't know where you would be. Penelope also helped you when you needed it, she didn't know the full story but she knew what you went through.

When you arrived to work that morning, you bustled in, heading straight to the briefing room after getting a call from Hotch saying he needed you to come in sooner than later.

"What's going on?" You asked, confused to see everyone was circling around one person when you walked in.

"It's Mia, she's gone." Derek looks up at you and you furrowed your brows.

"What do you mean by gone?" You asked again, still confused. You placed your things down on the table and grabbed a file from the middle.

"She was kidnapped yesterday afternoon. She was taken from Spencer's apartment. When he came home, the door was open and his place was ransacked with a note left on the counter." Derek holds up an evidence bag with the note in it.

Your eyes widen in shock and you grabbed the bag, reading the note in it.

'Spencer,
I took the one thing that was most precious to you, who was mine first. You'll have to complete some of my quests to find her. If you don't find her in time, which is 72 hours,  she will be killed. I suggest you find her before you see a dead body in your home.

- R'

"What the hell?" You whispered, placing the note on the table before looking at everyone, "what do you guys have so far?" You asked, wanting to know what they came up with.

"Well, we know it could be an ex who probably continued to try to get back together with her but stalked her when she got with Reid." Derek started, and you nodded along.

"So, something must've between the unsub and Mia which could've caused him to break and kidnap Mia.." You went along, grabbing the files and reading through it.

"That's what we need to find out. Reid, you need to tell us everything about Mia. Her friends, exes, family, anything you can think of to help us." Hotch tells Spencer who just sat in a chair with his head in his hands.