35.

"What I meant by it is that I'll always be here alive because you couldn't kill me and you won't ever kill me because I am your mother

"What I meant by it is that I'll always be here alive because you couldn't kill me and you won't ever kill me because I am your mother. I will always have something in mind to get rid of you because I still have my contacts that you don't know about. The bombing had nothing to do with me. I may know some contacts who relate to it but it wasn't me who blew up that stupid car."

"Who else would do that? Hm? Surely not David because I killed him." You spoke coldly.

"Your father." She hissed, telling you a lie. You picked it up when you saw her nervous tics showing through.

"Why would my father do it? He was telling me the truth when he wanted to fix things between the two of us. Did you not hear me saying that the night we were in Spencer's apartment?" You asked.

"Your father is a liar and an asshole! Get your facts straight, y/n!" Your mom yells out as she slams her hands onto the table.

You didn't flinched when she slammed her hands onto the table. Instead, you just leaned back in your chair and waited for her to calm herself. You watched the guards try to approach her but you raised your hand to stop them. They looked at each other and backed off into their spots.

"I do have my facts straight, mother. You just need to get yours straight so I can do my damn job and get the answers to solve this damn case. But if you're not willing to cooperate, I will take my things and leave. I will also take some of your special treatment that you get around here." You spat out as you started to put the papers and pictures back into the files.

You looked up to a shocked look on your mom's face and you proceeded to get up from your chair.

"Oh, did you think I wouldn't know about it? I have contacts here as I am an FBI agent and I'm your daughter. Don't think that you can hide anything from me because I will find out everything I need to know." You said as you walked to the door.

You put your hand onto the doorknob and you heard a frustrated sigh coming from the table and you continued to turn the knob.

"Wait! I will tell you everything you need to know." Your mom sighs once more.

You smiled and slowly walked back to the table. You set the files down and sat into your chair. You felt your phone vibrate in your pocket so you pulled it out and saw it was a text message.

Spencer: Emily and the team found a new lead to the case. Keep your mom talking and hope we can get something to piece this together.

You read the text and you looked back towards the window that was one-sided and gave a slight nod. You turned back to your curious mother.

"What was that?" She asks.

"None of your business. Shall we get started?" You asked as you put your phone back into your pocket.

She rolled her eyes and then nodded.

"Since you mentioned your contacts, who are they?" You asked, not knowing if she'll give you the answer you needed.