30.

A few months has passed by and you were happy but you also struggled

A few months has passed by and you were happy but you also struggled. You were struggling mentally since the kidnapping. You and Spencer also have been doing long-distance and it was starting to get to you as you didn't want to deal with it anymore.

You were sitting on the couch as you watched Spencer running around your apartment to make sure he packed everything. It became a routine every time he was leaving to head home.

"Do you really have to go?" You asked him, silently begging him to stay. You didn't want to be left alone again.

"Yes, y/n. I can't miss work and you know that. I also think everyone is catching on to me always leaving every few weeks." He says, catching his breath after running around your entire apartment.

His phone starts to ring as soon as he plops down on the couch and he groaned. He got back up then he grabbed his phone and answered it.

"This is Dr. Spencer Reid." He says into his phone.

"Mhm, she's right here with me." Spencer says, making you confused.

"Yeah, give me a second."

Spencer comes over to the couch and he sits down next to you while also putting his phone on speaker.

"Okay, she's here and listening." Spencer says into the phone.

"Y/n, David has escaped from prison once again and he took your father with him." Hotch broke the news out of the blue.

Your eyes grew wide and you looked over to Spencer who was also gobsmacked.

"No, how in the hell did he escape?" You asked, surprised but not really bothered by it. You were just happy that you weren't home.

"We don't know. He's in hiding and we can't track him down. I think it's time for you to come home to help with the case." Hotch says through the phone, letting out a heavy sigh when he did.

"But, what happens when he knows that I'm alive?" You asked, worried about what David could do if he found out about you.

"We don't know anything, y/n. All I know is we need you as you know him best."

Your mind went blank as you heard what Hotch said. You got off the couch and you started to pace, trying to think of anything.

"Y/n?" Spencer asks, his brows furrowed at you, his eyes trailing your pacing body.

"Spencer, I don't think I can face him again. You know what he did a-and if I see his face, I might relive everything that happened to me." You rambled, running a hand through your hair before you started to play with your rings.

"Everything will be okay, I'll be here with you and Hotch will make sure your okay too." Spencer explains.

You paced some more and you caved in. It's been too long since you've seen everyone and you were ready to go home.