37.

You woke up to an empty spot beside you

You woke up to an empty spot beside you. You looked around and saw Spencer's things were gone. You tried to find your phone but you had no luck.

You heard a knock on the door and you looked up from playing with your fingers after giving up on the phone search. You saw it was Emily and you gave a small smile when you saw she had an aluminum foil covered plate.

"Hey, I brought some food. You can eat right?" Emily asks as she slowly walked in.

"Yeah, yeah. I can eat. What brings you by?" You asked as Emily brought over the table to sit in front of you, then places the plate onto the table.

"Oh come on, I heard what happened so I wanted to come by and make sure you're okay. Also, I remembered that you hate hospital food so I brought a homemade meal," Emily replies, setting her things down then sat down in the chair.

You gave another smile and your mouth watered by looking at the plate full of food, "Oh my god, thank you."

"Of course. Hey, uh, where's Spencer?"

"I'm not sure, actually. He wasn't here when I woke up. I wanted to call him but I don't know where my phone is."

"Hm.." Emily hummed, getting up from her seat and sees a plastic bag with your personal belongings in it.

She dug through the bag and eventually found your phone, "Here it is." She said, holding it up for you. She hands it to you and you thanked her.

"What did the doctor say was your problem?" Emily questioned, walked back to the chair and sat down again.

"It was my injuries from a few months ago. It was worst than they thought so they just gave me medications and hope for the best that it heals on its own." You sighed and continued to eat.

A nurse comes into your room and brings you a note. You were confused so you were cautious when opening it.

Y/n,
I'm leaving DC to fly down to Houston so I can see my mom. Normally I would text but I just felt like a written note was better. I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye, but you needed your rest. I shouldn't be gone for more than a week and I'll make sure to call when I get a chance to. I already have Rossi picking you up from the hospital once you're discharged. You'll stay with him for the time being until I'm home, I just want you to be careful. I love you and I'm sorry for doing this.
          With love,
            Spence

You put a hand over your mouth in shock and you started to tear up. You looked up to the ceiling to try to stop crying.

"Y/n, what is it?" Emily asks, confused by your reaction to the note.

"It's Spencer. He's leaving for Houston." You spoke softly, looking back down and faced Emily.

"He never said anything about going down to Houston, did he tell you?" Emily asks and you nodded.