Ice Cream

Shit, I forgot they were getting ice cream. The rest of them are probably gonna be annoyed. Whatever, it's not a big deal. Minho thought.

I should've reminded Minho about the ice cream. I completely forgot! The boys are probably gonna be annoyed with us. Now I'm gonna be blamed for Minho's dumbness. Hyunjin thought, annoyed.

"You forgot?!" Seungmin yelled across to Minho and Hyunjin.
"We told you guys we were gonna get ice cream for Y/n!" Changbin said, doing the same as Seungmin.
"Ah! Really you guys?!" Jeongin said, laughing with his hands covering his eyes in disbelief.
"No no no no no! It was Minho's idea! Not mine. I told him to not do that, okay?" Hyunjin said, defending himself.
"Minho!" Felix said, sillily teasing him.
"What? I-I forgot. I am sorry!" Minho said.
"It's not a big deal, don't worry. It's just funny!" Felix exclaimed.
Chan chuckled lightly, "Yeah."

They all were just joking around with each other but Chan wasn't super in the mood to be like that right now. He can't lie to himself, he's a little jealous and upset with Minho since he never told Chan that he had a "thing" for her. It ruined his mood a bit.

They then ate ice cream and were talking about what Y/n should do for her audition. They all were blurting out ideas and advice for her so she can do the best she can. In the moment, she was getting a weird feeling in her stomach and she felt really nervous. Talking about it was making her realize that what's happening is real and that she needs to absolutely kill it in front of JYP. She's seen videos of JYP being really strict so she's starting to get worried.

"I have a question. So, I see in a lot of trainee shows and videos that the girls usually perform girl group songs and the boys usually perform boy group songs. Is it required to perform by a group or soloist that is the same gender as yourself?" Y/n asked.
"Well-" Chan was speaking but then got cut off.
"Well, speaking for your case, it is good to see that you can dance to a boy groups performance, but taking the safe route is a lot better in my opinion so you should probably perform from a girl group." Minho answered.
"Yeah, I'd have to agree with Minho. It's the usual for auditioning by a girl group performance if you are a girl. Sometimes doing an opposite gender performance can make judging and decision making harder because since you are a girl, you are most likely going to be a back up dancer for a girl group and rarely a boy group so they want to be sure you can do the girl group choreography and focus on that." Felix added.

I notice Minho has been talking over me ever since Y/n came around... Chan thought, annoyed.

"Oh~ okay." Y/n said, kind of confused as in why the genders are mostly separated here in the industry. She notices it even with the idols as well, that it's sometimes seen as "superior" to see girls dance to boy group choreography.
Changbin could see the confusion on Y/n's face, "I won't lie, it is weird. They tend to separate the girls and guys a lot to prevent relationships, even just friendly relationships. They don't want distractions." He said while doing the quotation signs with his hands.
"Well, what if someone was gay or a lesbian? That wouldn't change anything with that logic, right?"
Y/n pointed out.
The boys kind of just shrugged their shoulders.
"I mean, there are people part of the lgbtq+ community here and they are great but it's not talked about much. You have a point, Y/n." Seungmin said.
"Yeah, I agree. I find it annoying sometimes that the girls and guys are separated because it kind of feels dehumanizing in a way, you know?" Jeongin said.
"Yeah, I see what you mean." Y/n said.

I'll go with doing a girl group dance then. It seems like the most logical way I guess. I don't want to come across as trying to be better than anyone else since being a girl dancing to boy group choreography for an audition isn't the normal.

"Thank you guys so much for the advice. I'm kind of at a loss of words right now. It's really just making me realize that this is real and I'm actually going to audition. It's exciting but also very nerve wracking." Y/n said.
"Look, I know it's intimidating and you gotta work hard, but it's gonna be worth it. Trust me." Chan said.

He gave her a very comforting look which made her think, He has such beautiful, kind eyes.
She felt as if he knew her feelings right now and how nervous she was starting to feel. It made her feel some type of way that she couldn't describe. It was a comfortable and wonderful feeling though.

It was around 9 now and the boys needed rest for their God's Menu stage tomorrow morning. The staff was coming in to wrap up the celebration and clean up but the boys and Y/n decided to stay and help for a few minutes.

They all are so nice and have manners! I wish the guys back home were like this. I totally came to the right place. Y/n chuckled to herself.

She looked back and saw Chan and Hyunjin walk out of the room. She wondered, I wonder where they're going.

Chan told Hyunjin to come with him to the bathroom. Hyunjin was a little confused since Chan and the rest of the boys don't ask each other to go to the bathroom together regularly. He thought that was just a girl thing. Although he's a little confused, he's also a little worried because he hopes that Chan isn't going to talk about them getting ice cream while shopping before. He doesn't want to get involved but also doesn't want Chan to worry.

"Hey." Chan just said.
"Hey, what's up?" Hyunjin replied.
Chan was just silent, not sure how to go on about what he wants to talk about.
"Are you okay?" Hyunjin asked.
"Yeah, of course! It's just..."
"What is it?"
"I-I don't want to make this a big deal, okay? I am just wondering... why did you guys get ice cream when you guys knew we were already getting ice cream?"

Here we go. Hyunjin thought.

"Well if I'm gonna be honest, Minho wanted to go get ice cream with her... alone. I told him not to because I didn't know how you'd feel about it but Minho wasn't budging so I went with them."
"Oh okay... a-and why would you think I'm not comfortable with that? I am not being weird about it... am I?"
"No Chan, I am just saying that it's kind of obvious that you have some sort of feelings for her... that are more than a friendship kind of way." Hyunjin expressed.
"What?"

It's that obvious? Oops. Chan thought.

"Well... yeah. You have some sort of overprotective-ness over her. We all see it. I'm not sure if it's just because she's been your best friend for a long time or what but, it seems like you really care about her so I wanted to make sure that you were okay with them going on a date before they went on it. That's why I went along with them getting ice cream."
"Date?"
"Okay..." Hyunjin had a tiny smile forming.
"What?" Chan asked.
"Out of everything I just said, you only payed attention to the fact that it was a date, and I'm going to be honest, Minho wanted to go on a date with Y/n.  It kind of shows that you like her by the fact you only care about the date- from what it seems like." Hyunjin lightly chuckled.
Chan just sighed and said, "Okay... you are right. I do like her. I'm just not sure if it's because I don't really see girls much or if it's because I actually like her."
"Chan, we talk to girls a lot. Did you forget that we talk to staff members, choreographers, the Twice and Itzy girls, etc.? Also, you are very social and talk to many other female idols from different companies too. I think you like her because that's not an excuse."
"Hmm..." Chan had nothing left to say. He thinks Hyunjin is right but he's still unsure about his feelings since this was his first time exposing the fact he liked her to anyone and getting advice on it.
"Yeah." Hyunjin said.
"Yeah... well, thank you for telling me." Chan said.
"Of course."

They both then walked out of the bathroom but then Chan walked back in it. Hyunjin saw that and stopped his tracks.

"Could you tell Minho to come in here please?" Chan asked Hyunjin.
"Sure." Hyunjin said with a little shakiness in his voice.

I hope this goes okay. Hyunjin thought.