[eighteen]

um...hi excuse me but I haven't written anything since ages so this will be v rough. don't sue. 

//

Nina was sat on Harry's bed, eyes on her locked phone as she tried to wrap her head around the seconds-worth phone call with none other than her first love, one she used to think of as "the one that got away."

Harry was sat beside her, face clueless as he was in thought of how to help her, what to say.

"Did he say anything?" He quietly and carefully asked.

It took Nina a moment to reply. She shook her head, tearing her eyes from the phone to in front of her to her boyfriend, looking confused. "Not really. Just-Just if that was me."

Harry's eyes searched through hers. He didn't like that at a time like that, he searched for assurance; that she wasn't having second thoughts, that Nina wouldn't leave him the moment Olly decided to take another step. He knew he should have only thought about her, only thought of ways to help her but fuck, why was he so scared?

Nina let out a shaky laugh, brushing back her hair as she shook her head. "I'm sorry, this is too weird."

Instantly, Harry edged closer to her, wrapping both arms around her and placing a small kiss on her cheek, "No, it isn't. This is probably too overwhelming for you," he assured her, feeling Nina relax in his arms as she leaned onto him, "When was the last time you heard his voice?"

"When he told me 'I love you' before we slept," she answered quietly, looking down at her hands before resting her head on Harry's shoulder, "A few hours before he left."

"Can't believe he did what he did," Harry found himself saying, eyebrows furrowing in agitation, "You're a dream."

Nina's face shifted to confusion, pulling back to look at him, "What?"

"What?" Harry's face softened as he looked back at her.

"You said you can't believe he did wh-Do you know what he did?"

Harry's stomach dropped.

Harry didn't know, but Mick did.

"Yeah I-I can't believe he hurt you like that."

It was when her face softened that he remembered to breathe, watching fall on the bad, her head landing on his lap as she groaned before looking at him, "Can we sleep?"

Harry lied down underneath the covers as she sat up before she stood, taking off her t-shirt and jeans before walking towards his wardrobe and taking out grey sweatshorts and another t-shirt of his, putting them on.

Harry watched, a small smile on his face as he admired her while she put her hair up in a loose bun before walking towards him. Opening his arms, Nina settled in his arms with her head on his chest, one leg thrown over his.

Harry reached beside him, turning off the lights.

"Harry?" Nina whispered.

"Yeah?"

"You know I don't love him, right?"

He stayed silent. No, he wasn't sure but he respected that what they had was just too strong for her feelings to just disappear for her ex. He just – wasn't sure.

"You don't." Nina said after his moment of silence before she took a deep breath in. "Well I don't love him."

He hummed, squeezing her tighter.

"I'm not stringing you along. I really do have feelings for you," she added, her hand moving to trace figures on his chin, "Lots of feelings."

Harry lips lifted into a smile, leaning his head down a little to give a quick peck to her fingers, "I have lots of feelings for you, too."