[nineteen]

Nina's posture had gone rigid, the air seeming to get stuck in her throat as her eyes were set on the man in front of her.
There he stood, looking as if he wasn't expecting Nina to open the door – to see her. Olly stood, lips parted slightly, hands limp and if he hadn't had that banana an hour ago, he was sure he would've collapsed.

"Nina." He breathed out, "I-It's you."

Nina was left speechless, hand tight on the doorknob, heart thumping rapidly against her chest that if biology and science were non-existent, it surely would have jumped out of her body.

"What the fuck do you want?" She found herself asking, tone hostile – a tone that a year ago she wouldn't have imagined to be speaking in to Olly, especially Olly.

"You have every right to scream at me, to shou-Fuck, to hit me even, but please just listen to me." Worryingly, Olly spoke, sorrowful eyes set to look into Nina's angry ones.

In one swift motion, Nina let go of the knob, stepping closer to Olly in an angry stomp, raising one finger to his face, "You think you can come here a year later and tell me what to do? You think it's that easy? You think I'm that easy?"

"No, that's- that's not it, I swear, I-" Without knowing better, Olly had gently reached to Nina's wrist to lower it, only to have Nina yank her hand away from him.

"Don't touch me."

Olly put his hands up, taking a step back, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to," when Nina didn't reply and only glared at him, he went on, "I've been here for a while. I came to Flynn's last party but he-he hid you from me, I couldn't find you and I know that you wouldn't miss his gathering for anything," he said quickly, "Well except if you have an early class the next morning – but uh, you graduated so that just-" Olly mumbled to himself before pausing, "Nina, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"For what?" She asked, "What exactly are you sorry for because I have a list and I don't want you staying all damn day here apologising for everything on it."

"I'd do it if you let me," Olly replied, "I'm sorry for leaving like that. You didn't deserve it."

Looking down at his shoes to avoid eye contact, Olly missed Nina's face soften as her gaze fell behind him, on her boyfriend who got out of his car, grabbed his purse, and locked the car before approaching her with a smile.

"Uh, hello, good evening." Harry said casually as he approached them, seeing Nina hold out her hand for him before he held it and stepped closer to her, standing beside her.

Olly's head snapped up, eyes instantly falling on their hands before looking up at Harry.

Noticing the tension, Harry glanced from the man in front of him to his girlfriend beside him, who seemed to have a tight hold on his hand.

"Who are you?" Spitefully, Olly asked.

"Don't talk to him like that." Nina instantly commented, Harry's mind gears working as he took notice that it was the first time for him to see Nina angry.

Protectively, Harry's hand moved from Nina's to wrap his arm around her waist, stepping closer to her, "I'm Harry." As they weren't public, Harry refrained from mentioning that he was Nina's boyfriend, yet knowing that his body language was enough to prove so.

"My boyfriend." Nina did it for him, causing Harry's stomach to flutter and erupt in jitters.

Olly looked from Nina to Harry, and back to Nina. "You've got to be fucking kidding me."

"You think I like you enough to do that?" Sarcastically, Nina asked. "If you don't mind, we have plans."

"I need to talk to you." Olly replied sternly, looking intently at her.