[thirty one]

a/n: This is a 3.6k chapter/part to make up for the late update, but I'm pregnant (!!!) and I'm alive but I'm dead. alive, but dead. Don't forget to vote & happy reading!

//

The moment Nina and Harry reunited might as well have been a scene out of a Netflix rom-com.

Having decided to surprise him in his California home a day before her expected arrival, Harry was quick to carry a beaming Nina and wrap his arms around her in a hug; "Can't bloody sleep without you anymore."

While they had their fair share of cuddles and "mandatory physical touching", Harry found joy in driving Nina to and from her shoots for a couple of days.

"Did you take your lunch?" He had asked her one morning, right as they were about to drive off.

"Lunch?"

And that was before Harry had ran back inside to fetch Nina her lunch that he had placed in Tupperware – chicken wrap sandwich with her favourite dressing that he had prepared.

For the second day, it was oatmeal with her favourite fruits chopped and a pinch of cinnamon, exactly how she liked her oatmeal.

It was when Nina realised that while Harry loved touring, working, and travelling all around the world, he still cherished the domestic life.

In his Bode Calorie print Louie shirt with a white tank top underneath and cream-coloured trousers, Harry walked beside Nina to where he was supposed to meet up with Zane Lowe and crew for his interview with Apple Music.

"Are you sure me being here is okay?" Nina asked him quietly.

She stood beside him in a white tank top, white culotte trousers, white sneakers, with a short gold chain necklace that made her skin and outfit pop. Harry let out a short chuckle, "Why wouldn't it?"

Nina gave him a shrug, "I don't know."

"Can you just accept that I'm clingy right now and wouldn't like you being back home alone?"

At this, Nina's lips shifted to a smile, looking up at Harry. "Just wanted you to say that you're clingy, honestly."

"Oh, bugger off!" He scoffed jokingly, elbowing her as she laughed.

"You're so far up my arse." Nina continued, getting close to his face and going as far as cupping his cheeks when he tried to turn away while trying to stifle his smile.

Harry raised an eyebrow at her, "We haven't tried that."

"Jesus!" She threw her head back.

"No way!" They heard, both turning to see Zane coming with a grin and open arms, "I knew I was meeting Harry, but you," he pointed at Nina, "Long time no see, Miss Nina."

Nina laughed, hugging the man, "Needed to keep an eye on that baby right here."

"Of course." Harry replied sarcastically before hugging Zane, "How are you?"

"Fantastic, honestly," Zane replied, "Thank you for doing this."

"Thank you for having me."

"Zane gives the best interviews ever," Nina said, "I feel like the setting is enough to prove that."

Gesturing towards their surroundings, the three of them took a moment to listen to the waves and enjoy the weather for a split second, the sun having had just started to set.

"Alright, we gotta hurry if we want some sunset in the footage." The cameraman said.

Putting on the mics and some touchups, Harry and Zane shortly began the interview, with Nina standing beside the cameraman with a smile on her face that she wasn't aware of.