[twenty seven]

Nina hissed as her aunt, Sarah, put aloe vera gel on her back.

"That's what you get for sleeping like a baby at the beach." Elijah teased, arm around his girlfriend, Clara.

"No need to gloat, you got bit by a crab for being stupid." Clara defended Nina who chuckled and stuck her tongue out at her cousin.

It had been 5 days since Nina travelled to be with her family in Manila and even though she sulked whenever she was on her own, her family made it their duty to get her mind off of things back at her home in London.

Mornings consisted of breakfast at 8, always one with chatter and laughter. After breakfast, everyone would separate into groups or alone to get some tasks done. After that, they'd see what they wanted to do in their day and so far, they had gone swimming 3 times. At night, everyone would gather for a game of cards or a classical movie.

Sometimes, Nina and her cousins would gather in her childhood room – which she shared with her cousin and Elijah's sister, Maria – and they would gossip and talk till they all fell asleep together, uncomfortably so, but fun nevertheless.

It all reminded her of when she was only a child; when her ma and dad, and brothers were together in Manila and they were all hyperactive kids with no care to what the world had for them.

It was a healing journey that she knew she needed and was glad to take.

Talking to her cousins, whom she considered very important people in her life and trusted, about what happened so openly, knowing that they weren't biased and were understanding, it was what she needed. They offered her comfort and empathy, but the words she needed to hear as well.

"You need to talk to him."

"It really seems like he loves you, Nina."

"Is he stupid? Yes. Does he regret it? Looks like it."

"Is this worth it?"

The last question was the one question that occupied Nina's mind as she chopped fruits for her family in the kitchen later. It was the question on her mind as she laughed with her 8-year-old cousin. It was the question on her mind as she lied her head in her Lola's lap while she played with her hair, offering her presence as her and Nina watched a movie one morning at 7.

Was it worth it?

Was Harry worth it?

And it seemed like Harry knew he was all that she could think about even when she was doing everything and anything, even when she was in another continent, because he sent her a text every day.

He didn't want to be a pushover and believe him, he wanted to give her the space she needed and deserved but he couldn't afford to have her thinking that he wasn't fighting for her, that he was okay.

Maybe if she hadn't sent him that text where she told him that she cared about him and missed him, he would've still thought that her phone was damaged and that sending her a text was a dead cause, but it seemed like she was using a spare or had gotten a new one. Whatever happened, he was glad.

"Apparently, it's 10 AM in Manila. I don't know if you're awake. You probably are. Take care and stay safe. I love you. x"

"Hey, I made you a scrunchie! Love you xxx
[1 Photo Attachment]"

"Hey, I made you a scrunchie! Love you xxx[1 Photo Attachment]"