[thirty]

a/n: I know the time and months are messed up in this story but try not to be too literal with it for the sake of fiction. Give or take some months between the actual real-life events Harry was part of. also, THIS IS AN SNL PART (not the zane interview yet pls don't shout at me) and it's looong.

//

It had been hectic ever since Harry released Lights Up – a good hectic.

Between projects for Nina and Harry doing promo and attending meetings, the couple had done a good job at indulging in the free, private time they had together before Harry had to travel.

For the most part, they were bummed about Nina not being with him when he released his second single, Watermelon Sugar, but to make up for it, Harry had made Nina exclusively listen to it one night as they were a tangled mess in bed. 

It was fun for Harry watching Nina dance excitedly to the song before she had stopped and turned to him – "Is this about what I think it's about?"

And then she was a flustered, squealing, giggly mess.

While she was flustered, Nina was still flattered, and to show that flattery, the kisses that day were double the amount.

But despite the euphoria of Harry's new music and the comfort of them together in Harry's house, a pouty Harry and a pouty Nina still made an appearance.

Harry had to travel to California for no less than a month, and while the couple hated being apart, it was a relief that Nina had a project there two weeks after Harry's departure and would be staying with him.

Letting out a small sigh, Nina wrapped her arms around Harry as they stood in his living room, hugging. "Are you excited? SNL, performing, interviews, that's a lot."

"I am yeah, but," Harry sucked his teeth, "To be honest, really like being a stay-at-home boyfriend with you."

Nina giggled, looking at him, "Yeah? You like the domestic life?"

"I love it," He replied, "You know, Jeff takes the piss out of me for it because I used to not know how to stay home for longer than a week."

Her smile was softer and as was the look she gave him, "You know, not that I'm counting," she joked with a shrug, "But tomorrow is our 7th month together."

"Baby, you're keeping count! I thought that was just me." Harry cooed, moving one hand to her hair to stroke it, "Was just thinking about how we've been through so much together in just 7 months."

"Well technically and apparently I have known you longer than I thought as Mick and all," she reminded him, "So that means we've known each other for 11 months as a whole, 10 and a half months as Harry, 7 as a couple."

Harry looked at her with wide eyes and in amusement, "You know your math, don't you?"

"Only when my boyfriend catfishes me." She teased, pecking his lips.

Harry chuckled slightly, pulling her closer than she was, "I'm really sorry, you know?"

Nina smiled, looking up at him as she moved her hands to his shoulders, "I know."

"I love you," he softly said, "I love you so much."

"I love you, too." She assured, "Should we get going now?"

A this, Harry pouted, "Really don't want to leave without you."

"We need to work on our separation issues." Nina joked, "Two more weeks. I'll be in your hair before you know it."