Eight

"Okay close your fist." Rachel says.

"We've been doing this for 5 minutes now. What is the purpose of this?" Hyunjin chuckles. "Don't question the process. Okay open your hand again."

It's been two hours since Hyunjin has unexpectedly showed up at Rachel's door. It was tense and awkward at first, but after talking for an hour they spent the next hour just talking about random things and played some games.

What they're doing now is that Rachel is showing Hyunjin a cool hand trick she read on social media.

"Open your palm and you're going to feel a great sensation go through your hands and fingers. Ready?" Hyunjin nodded. Rachel then drew small circles in the middle of his palm and pressed down with her pointer finger.

Hyunjin reacted with wide eyes. "Woahhh~" He let out and reacted to the strange feeling in his hand dramatically.

"Oh come on." She playfully pushed him. "I forgot how dramatic you can be." She chuckles.

No one has seen this before in the last 2 years but right now. Rachel was genuinely happy.

Hyunjin just looked at the laughing Rachel and let out a smile. "What? Is there something on my face?" Rachel asks as she lifts her hand towards her face.

Hyunjin then placed his hand on the side of her face where her hand was and caressed her cheek with his thumb. "No. I just, I missed this. Sitting with you and laughing with you."

Rachel didn't say anything, she just looked right into Hyunjin's eyes. He started to lean in. As he was inches away, Rachel stopped him.

"Wait." She said.

"What's wrong?" Hyunjin asks, still with his hand on her face. She gulped as she slowly took his hand off her face.

"I can't. This is too all of a sudden." She looked him right in the eyes as she said this. "What do you mean?" He asks.

Rachel stood up from the couch. "I mean. You showing up here, you saying how you miss this, and when you were just about to kiss me. It doesn't make sense."

Hyunjin stood up too, following her actions. Before he could say anything. "I think you should leave." She said.

"But-"

"Thank you for the food, but I don't think I can do this right now." Rachel stood awkwardly, trying to avoid eye contact with Hyunjin. "I guess I'll see you at school then." He picked up his jacket and left the dorm, closing the door on his way out.

Rachel sighs as she plops on her couch.

-

(A week later)

"Hello? Earth to Raina?" The deep voice interrupted Rachel and her thoughts.

"Huh. Oh I'm sorry." It was another night at the job and all four employees are currently cleaning up the place.

"What's on your mind?" Chan asks as he stopped sweeping the floors for a moment. Rachel shook her head. "Nothing."

He sighed as he tilt his head. "Come on Rachel. You can talk to me?" Rachel suddenly stood up and covered Chan's mouth. "Shh. Minho could hear you."

"It's fine. Seojun and Minho went to take out the trash 5 minutes ago and I'm pretty sure Seojun is showing Minho how to set out the bottles, considering how long it took me to teach Seojun." He chuckled to himself.

"Okay." Chan took out 2 chairs for them to sit on and he gestured her to 'go on'. "Remember that high school relationship we talked about." Chan nodded.

"Well he actually goes to the college I go to. The past two years we really considered each other as acquaintances, but last week he came over and suddenly tried to reignite something I guess. I don't really know."

"His actions just came out of nowhere?" Chan asks. "Yeah." Rachel said thinking about that day. "Do you still have feelings for this person?"

"Of course not. We both said we would never bring up the past and honestly I've been fine since then." She said.

"Well why don't you get your mind off that? Have you considered getting back into the dating game?" Chan shrugged his shoulders as he said that last sentence.

"We talked about this before. I'm not looking for a relationship."

"Well what about Minho?" Chan tried to throw a bone towards her. "Why are you bringing Minho into this? I already said no."

Chan then raised one eyebrow and showed a lopsided grin towards the girl. "What?" She forehead creased.

"Come on. I know, you know, we all know." She questioned Chan even more. "What do you mean?"

"Well considering that he likes you. Not Raina you, but Rachel you." She widened her eyes. "How would you know that? And how do you know that he knows me as Rachel?"

He giggled. "We chatted. I asked him questions, he answered the questions, and then I pieced everything together."

"What do you mean?"

...............

A/N: It was pretty obvious, but yes Hyunjin was who Rachel dated in high school. You'll get to know their story later in the story. There will be more flashbacks.