Twenty two

"The person you're trying-"

Rachel groaned as she threw her phone at the couch.

She's been trying to reach Minho's phone for the past 20 minutes and he hasn't called or text back.

She was about to call him again when she heard a knock at the door. She ran towards the door and opened it to find the one person she was hoping to see.

"I've been trying to reach you." Rachel frowned.

He pursed his lips and shifted in his stance. "I forgot to charge my phone last night, so that's my fault."

Rachel stepped aside to let him in. "And what happened last night is totally my fault. Let me explain." They both then sat down on the couch.

"Before you start can I ask you something?"

She looked at him as she was listening. "That day I came into the bar, did you know who I was?"

She nodded.

"When I asked you about the girl advice, did you know it was you? Were just playing games with me?"

She shook her head and closer to him. "Of course not. I had no idea who you were talking about and I would never play you."

"Just why?"

"Okay so you know that I've been working at that bar with Seojun and Chan for the past two years."

He nodded.

"Well I use the 'Raina' disguise to basically protect myself. In no way did I make that up to play jokes on you, I promise." Her eyes softened.

"I get it. But why didn't you just tell me?" He asks.

"At first I wasn't sure because we hardly knew each other. But after we started dating I guess I was too comfortable, I kinda forgot."

"Forgot? Or you couldn't tell me?"

Rachel sighed. "I'm really sorry."

Minho reassured her with a small smile. "No more secrets, okay?" She nodded.

Just then the sound of the front door being knocked was heard. Rachel furrowed her eyebrows as she stood up to answer it. She wasn't expecting anyone else today.

"Jeongin? What are you doing here?" She asks the boy.

"I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out but I see you're currently busy." He says as he sees Minho standing not far from the door.

Rachel just let the boy in.

"You guys were friends for a long time right?" Minho suddenly asks the two.

They both nodded. "Did you know about her secret too?" He asks Jeongin.

Suddenly he looks at Rachel with widened eyes.

"You finally told him about you and Hyunjin?" Rachel then held the same expression looking at the boy.

Minho furrowed his eyebrows. "What? What's going on with you and Hyunjin?"

"They dated in high school. I thought that's what she told you." Jeongin said.

Rachel just stood there in shock, not knowing how to enter the conversation.

Jeongin gulped as he notices a change in Minho's expression.

"Another secret you didn't tell me about- Wait. Is that why you didn't want to tell anybody that we were dating?" He looked at the girl with disbelief in his eyes.

She didn't say anything.

"Do you still have feelings for him? No wait. Don't tell me, I can't with all your lies and secrets. We're done. I really thought you were different but I guess not." Minho then stormed off.

As the door slammed close, a tear has ran down the girl's cheek.

"I'm so sorry Rachel. This is all my fault...again." Jeongin panicked as he looked at Rachel who had a blank expression on her face.

"No this isn't your fault." Her voice quivered.

"It's mine. I now understand why you and Hyunjin kept that secret from me. It was to protect me, right?" Jeongin nodded.

"The secrets. I don't know if I was protecting Minho or if I was trying to protect myself."

"Rachel." He sighed.

Then suddenly she broke out a sob. "Jeongin. I don't know what to do."

He pulls the girl into his arms, trying his best to comfort her and to calm her down.

"Hey hey. It's going to be alright." He patted her head as it was on his shoulder.

He carried a worried expression on his face.

"It's going to be alright." He repeated.