Fifteen

Same day

Bell rings.

"Okay class, remember the partner project is due in two weeks and winter break is coming up soon, so that means mid-exams are coming up next month." Mr.Kim says making the whole class groan. "Yeah yeah, we all got this. Now head onto lunch."

"Hey." Rachel was packing her stuff and she smiled when she knew who it was. "So. Do you have a partner for the project yet?" He asks.

She looked at him. "Oh yeah." Rachel then pointed at the empty seat next to her. "Meet my partner, Casper is a real delight." She sarcastically said.

Minho chuckled. "Do you want to be partners?" Rachel stood up from her seat, putting her bag on her shoulder. "You're asking me?"

"Well my girlfriend is a straight-A student, plus I would want to spend more time with her." He said making her smile. She tilt her head pretending to think about it. "Okay, but if I end up doing all the work..."

"I can't make any promises." He teased her making her softly hit his shoulder. "Oh. Come with me. I have something to give you." He grabbed Rachel by her hand and they walked out of the classroom.

They came across Minho's locker and she stood by with a anticipating look on her face. Minho smiled as he took out a wrapped box with a red bow on top of it. Her eyes slightly widened. "What is this?"

"Open it."

She took off the cover of the box to be met with a silver chain necklace with the letter 'R' attached to it.

She then looked up at him with no words in her mouth. "I got my first paycheck and I came across this necklace on my way home. I wanted to get it for you because I noticed how you like to wear necklaces everyday."

Rachel suddenly placed her hand on the necklace she was wearing already. It was a gift she got a few years ago, it took her a moment but she took it off and placed it in her pocket. "Can you put this on me please?"

"Of course." Minho took the box from her and grabbed out the single piece of jewelry. Rachel turned around as he placed the necklace around her neck. When she turned back around she looked at the necklace with a smile on her face.

She continues to admire the necklace. "Thank you." Rachel threw her arms around Minho's neck as she smiles at him. He smiles back, looking at how happy she looks right now.

Minho looked around to see if anyone was near them then he quickly brought his head down to kiss the girl.

He slowly released and realized what he just did. "Oh I'm sorry I-" He panicked until Rachel kissed him again. She chuckled and quickly hugged him. "Thank you for the gift. I love it."

"Really?" Minho looked at her cutely with wide eyes. She just chuckled at him. "Really."

"Well the guys are probably wondering where I am right now." He started. "Oh. No yeah you go ahead."

Rachel was about to leave until Minho stopped her. "Wait." He was still holding onto her hands. "Are you sure you don't want to join me?"

She sighed as she smiled at him. "I promise you, soon you can tell them. But I actually have somewhere to be right now."

Minho just nodded. "Got it." She quickly kissed him on the cheek, "Thank you again for the necklace." Then with that she left after turning the corner.

Minho unconsciously touched his previous kissed cheek. He tried to stop himself from smiling but he couldn't help himself. Then he turned around towards the canteen.

Rachel didn't make it 10 steps before bumping into someone. She stumbled backwards as she looks at the person. "Oh my g- Seriously Jeongin. At least announce yourself." He put up his arms in defense. "Hey. You weren't the one paying attention."

"Okay my fault." Usually Rachel would put up an argument but she easily gave up and playfully hit his arm.

"Huh? You're smiling...what happened to you?" He furrowed his eyebrows. Then something caught his eye. "You changed your necklace?" Her smile dropped then she pursed her lips. "Come to think about it, the previous necklace you wore, wasn't that from-"

"From Hyunjin? Yeah." She then took the old necklace out of her pocket. "Here. Save it for your future girlfriend, give it back to Hyunjin, I don't care. I won't be needing it anymore." She placed the necklace into Jeongin's hand.

"Rachel-"

"I'll see you later okay." She patted his shoulders then went on her way. He questioned her actions as he tilts his head, looking at the back of the girl. "Why now get a new necklace?"

Jeongin then looked at the necklace and sighed. He placed it in his back pocket and went on his way to the canteen.