Nine

"What I mean is that I found out he goes to the same school as you. I also found out that you guys actually spoke before. Why didn't you tell me this? This is good stuff, you guys are like a written book." Chan said.

"I didn't think you would be so interested. But where's the part where you think he likes me because I don't see it." Raina shook her head.

"He mentioned a girl at school." Chan started.

"There's a lot of girls. Doesn't mean it's me." Raina barked. "You didn't let me finish." Chan said.

"You would think she has a lot of friends. But no, this girl at his school is mentioned as someone cold and 'not friendly'" He air quoted.

She just shrugged her shoulders. "Come on Rachel. It's you. You told me how the kids at your school treats you and what they call you."

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm saying, give him a chance. Maybe he'll be able to break that ice barrier you have at school." He laughed as she rolled her eyes.

"Hey we're back." Seojun announced as he and Minho walked towards the other two.

-

Rachel let out a gasp of air as the bell rings. "Okay. Be nice Rachel. You can't have your guard up all the time." She told herself.

As she packs her bag she sense a familiar person by her side. He cleared his throat as he got ready to speak to her.

"Hey Rachel." Minho said, gathering all his confidence. She then stood up from her seat to be face to face. "Hi." She said trying to showcase a smile.

"I know you would want to me to go away, considering our last encounter. But it really isn't what you think it is."

"Do you want to eat lunch together?" She said out of a sudden. "Huh?" Minho was surprised.

"We can go on the roof, away from others in the canteen. Its where I like to go when I want to be alone." She continued then ended giving him a small smile.

He huffed out air as he returned the smile. "Sure."

"Wow I've never really considered to come up here. This is a nice view." Minho said as he looked over the school's ground and sat on one of the benches. Rachel followed him to sit.

"Yeah." She awkwardly said. She wasn't familiar with the boy by her side as herself. As Raina, it was comfortable because he didn't know her true self. But now, it's all real.

She gulped. "So tell me. What made you want to suddenly talk to me? I mean, you already know what the whole school thinks of me."

"Well if I'm being honest, I kind of noticed you since our first year. I didn't have enough courage to talk to you then, because I thought you were too cool."

Rachel laughed. "Me? Cool? No way in a million years." Minho chuckled at the openness.

They talked all throughout lunch until it started to rain all of a sudden.

They laughed as they ran back into the school. "I actually have to meet up with my friends. So I'm going this way." Minho pointed down the hall.

"That's no problem. I'll see you later." Rachel smiled. Minho has never seen Rachel smile this much before and he liked it. Throughout the years all he seen was cold stares and straight faces.

"There's going to be a later?" His eyes slightly widened. Rachel smiled, "Of course." She slowly walked backwards looking at Minho one more time then turned back towards where she was going.

As Rachel turned the corner Minho spun around and did a little dance. "Oh my god I can't believe that happened." He smiled to himself one last time before heading to his friends.

"What happened to you?" Jisung asks as he sees his friend drenched in water.

"How are you wet?" Jeongin was touching Minho's clothes as he brought a disgusted look to his face.

"Clearly he's been outside. We all see the rain." Seungmin said in a 'duh' tone.

"What were you doing outside?" Jisung asks. "Yeah you weren't at lunch. Why would you be outside by yourself?" Changbin added.

Minho didn't want the guys to know he was with Rachel so he tried to think of something. "Enjoying nature?" He tried to sound convincing.

Of course they didn't believe him but they let it slide. "Okay then. So are you joining us tonight? We're all going to the arcade to 'prep' for the first exams." Jisung said.

"Actually I can't. I'm working tonight." Minho said. "Working? You're working?" Felix asked. The guys looked him with wide and confused eyes.

"Oh did I forget to tell you guys? I got a job as a bartender. At that bar around the block." Minho said.

"No way. Well let's head to class and you can tell us all about it." Jisung smiled as he hung his arm around the guy.