Fourteen

One week later

"Wait it has been 10 minutes, shouldn't the water be boiling already?" Rachel asks from the small kitchen area.

"Let me see." Minho stood up and walked towards the girl. "Ahh there's the problem. You forgot to turn on the stove." He chuckled as he looked at her teasingly.

"Oh did I? Oops." She embarrassedly chuckled at herself. He smiled. "It's okay. Here let me cook the noodles for you."

"No. You've been doing it every time. I wanna get the chance to do it. This is me paying you back." She gestured with her hands then smiled at him.

He stood there for a moment memorizing her smile. "Uh Rachel can I- can I ask you something?"

"What is it?" She innocently looked at him as she waits for him to speak. "We've been hanging out for awhile now and I've been thinking..."

He took a deep breath in then let it out. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He looked into her eyes as she did the same.

A few moments has passed and it was still silent. "You aren't saying anything. Oh god was that a mistake? I'm sorry, I was-"

Rachel cut the boy off by covering his mouth with her hand. She just chuckled then took her hand of his mouth. "Sorry, I was just taken by surprise but yes. I will be your girlfriend." She smiled widely.

Minho then did a little happy dance then picked up Rachel in a hug and spun her around making both of them laugh. He let her down and held her by her shoulders.

"Oh my god. I have to tell the guys." Minho was about to leave in excitement until Rachel stopped him. "Wait you can't." She panicked.

"What, why?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "I mean no one can know...yet. We both have a reputation, remember? Are you okay with that?" She pursed her lips.

He gave her a sympathetic look as he reaches for both her hands. "Sure, anything for you. But when you're ready, can I tell them?" He asks.

She let out a small smile. "Of course."

Then Minho's face lit up. "If we can't tell people at school, you should totally meet the people I work with. They are literally the best, tonight we can-"

"I can't. I...I actually have this huge assignment I have to work on." She gulped. She didn't want to lie to Minho, even when they just started dating, but she did. "Oh okay. That's fine, maybe next time." He said.

She then changed the topic to distract him from his thoughts. "Why don't we make cookies too? To celebrate our new relationship." That made Minho smile.

He giggled then pulled Rachel as he grabbed out the ingredients for the soon-to-be baked goods.

-

"Rachel." Hyunjin came out of nowhere as he just shut her locker. "What the hell Hyunjin?" She said as she tried to catch her breath. "You scared me."

"I know you're still avoiding me but I need to talk to you." He sternly said. She sighed as she starts to walk away.

"You moved on?" Hyunjin suddenly said making the girl stop in her tracks. She then turned back. "Where'd you hear that?" She eyed him as she questioned the boy.

"Jeongin said you moved on." He said. "Well what does Jeongin know?" She avoided the question. "Who knows what Jeongin knows, but tell me, did you?" He looks at her softly.

"Didn't we both move on the day we broke up?" She shrugged. "Who said that I moved on?"

She scoffed. "Come on, seriously Hyunjin. I am tired of your games." She then start to walk away. "I still love you Rachel." He said making her stop in her tracks again. "I can't do this Hyunjin." She said without turning back then left his sight as she turned the corner.

Hyunjin groaned as he kicked the lockers nearby. "Hey what did the lockers ever do to you?" He then turned towards the person. Hyunjin sighed. "Not now Jeongin."

"What are you even doing here?" He gestured with his arms. "I'm here to stop you from doing and saying anything stupid. Anyways what time is Rachel suppose to be here?" He asks as he checks the time on his phone.

Hyunjin nervously licked his lips. "You're kinda too late for that?" Jeongin dropped his shoulders as he looks at the boy.

"What did you do?"