Twenty three

Sniffle.

Emptiness. Stillness. Just a crystal sight in Rachel's eyes.

The girl sat still, staring at nothing but a blank wall. She felt like a piece of her had just left her soul. She didn't know if what she did was right but she had wish she had taken everything back.

She thought, would everything go better if she just told Minho the minute she knew she was falling for him?

Jeongin stood there as he kept feeling sorry. He was wondering if he should approach her now and continue to comfort her or respect her wishes and to give her space.

No words were spoken. Rachel sat in silence but tears from her eyes continued to fall.

He was conflicted. Then he remembered how his best friend reacted after their breakup and he didn't want her to go through the same thing.

He let out a sigh and made his way towards the girl. He sat right next to her and wiped the tears of her face. Rachel didn't move at all. She just let him do it.

"Rachel listen to me. I know you guys care about each other a lot and you can't just let minor secrets destroy that. You should find him and tell him how much you care about him."

Still nothing.

"You probably don't want to hear this but Hyunjin went through the same thing you are going through right now. The secrets, the heartbreak, and look what happened to the two of you when he didn't go and try to save it."

We have a blink.

"I know you don't want to let go of this relationship." He softly said. Rachel gulped. "What if he does?"

"There's only one way to find out, right?" Jeongin said. She thought about it at first then sighed as she grabbed a pillow to hug.

"Right." She said.

-

(Friday - Last day before break)

"Hey." A soft voice was heard as Rachel shuts her locker. She looked at the boy then back at the closed locker as she didn't say anything.

"I heard what happened." Hyunjin said. He narrowed his eyes, looking at the girl with 'worry' written all over his face.

She felt empty, no energy in her body to even face the guy. "Are you here to laugh at me?"

"No I wouldn't do that. I just wanted to see if you're okay. So are you?" Hyunjin asks. Rachel sighed. "I honestly don't know how I feel right now."

Hyunjin slightly frowned at the girl's state. "Do you want to talk about it?" She didn't say anything but nodded.

He pursed his lips into a small smile. He placed his arm around her shoulder, leading them somewhere private to talk.

With no one noticing him, at the end of the hall Minho stood there witnessing the sight before him. His shoulders dropped as the flowers with a 'I'm sorry.' card on it dropped to the floor.

"I guess that answers my question." He softly said. He stood there for a few minutes before walking away, leaving the flowers behind to just wilt on the ground.

"Did Minho tell you guys?" She asks as she slumps into the bench.

Hyunjin sighs. "Jeongin actually told me first then Minho came in telling all of us."

She groaned. "I'm so stupid. I knew what would happen if I kept those secrets from him and yet I still did it anyways."

"Hey you're not stupid. You were just trying to protect him." Hyunjin comforted the girl. Rachel sighed and looked at him. "If I'm being honest...I was actually protecting myself."

Hyunjin didn't say anything, signaling her to go on.

"After I found out your secret about our relationship and that stupid bet, I stayed away from dating. Then Minho had recently talked to me and since you guys are friends I just assumed. I didn't want to get hurt again, but instead I hurt him."

They stayed silent for a brief moment before Hyunjin spoke up.

"Wait? You said 'secrets'. What else did you hide from him?"