Seventeen

"I know your secret." Jeongin said.

Rachel pulled Jeongin into her dorm and quickly closed the door.

"What secret? I'm not hiding anything." She tried to hide the nerves that was coming out of her voice.

"You and Minho are dating."

Her eyes went wide. "Did he tell you?"

Jeongin gasped. "It's true? Oh my god I was totally taking a guess at that, but I'm so glad I took the right guess. I mean I knew he liked you and that day I caught you guys together at his dorm, and now to see you all happy yesterday. It made so much sense."

"How long has it been?" He wiggled his eyebrows at her.

"Only three days so far." She said.

"Three days?! Why haven't you told me? Or better yet, why haven't Minho told me?"

Jeongin was thinking to himself as he went to sit on the couch.

"Because I told him not to...yet." She went to sit next to him.

"Is it about Hyunjin?" He looked at her with soft eyes.

She sighed. "Why is it that every time we have a conversation, you always bring up his name?"

"Well is it?" He said.

"No. It's not always about him. I wanted it to stay a secret for awhile because of our reputations."

"Reputations? Who cares about reputations? You can start a new reputation. Show them who you really are. You're not stuck up, not cold, not mean." He said.

"Maybe you're right." She sighed.

"Of course I am." He cockily smiled.

"Okay well today in class, I actually made friends. Surprise surprise." She pursed her lips into a smile as she held out her hands.

"Ahh Soojin and her friends."

"How do you know about that?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"I heard them talking about you. Don't worry, all good things were said."

"Okay. You caught me. Now, can you please-"

"No." Jeongin sternly said, cutting off Rachel.

She licked her lips and deeply sighed.

"I'm sorry Rachel but this is how people get hurt. Lies and secrets. Remember how you reacted, it didn't go so well."

"Jeongin-"

"I'm gonna go. I am not going to make the same mistake again. I hope you won't too." Then with that he left.

Rachel didn't notice but tears were already falling down her cheeks. She sniffled as she quickly wipes her damp cheeks.

-

"Raina? Raina. Are you okay? You keep zoning out." Minho looked at her with worried in his eyes.

She took a few steps back. "Yeah I'm fine. I need to go take out the trash." She stammered.

She held the bottle-filled bags and before she can put it in the dumpster, she threw it to the wall across from the bar.

"Woah. Rachel are you okay?" Chan ran in front of the girl, he held onto her shoulders checking her state in her eyes.

She tried to push him away. "I'm fine. I'll clean it up."

"No. You're not in the right mind right now, you'll get cut by the shards. I'll take care of it. Why don't you take a seat in the back room and we'll talk about this later."

Rachel took a deep breath before slowly nodding. "Okay. I'm sorry."

"You didn't do anything wrong. Go ahead, I'll just- yeah." He squatted beside the broken bottles and put on his glove to pick up the pieces into the bin.

Raina plopped onto the couch and massaged her temples trying to clear the headache she was gaining.

"Hey. Are you okay?"

She lifted her head to see Minho walking towards her and sitting beside her. "What seems to be troubling you?" He asks.

"How would you feel if you found out that someone you care about has been lying and keeping secrets from you?" She suddenly asks.

She looks at him waiting for his response.

"Wow. That- that's some question. Did someone do that to you?" He asks.

She sighed. "Someone did."

"And?"

"And I did felt anger, betrayal, and disappointment...then. But now, now I understand why they kept it a secret."

"I'm not really sure how I would feel or even react but I'm sure that person who would keep a secret from me had their reasons."

He held a small smile. "I hope that helps."

She returned his smile. Then they continue to look into each other's eyes. Rachel forgot who she is suppose to be right now and slowly leaned in.

Minho knew what was happening and quickly stood up. "Woah I'm really sorry but I have a girlfriend remember."

She gulped and realized what she just did.

"Right I'm sorry. I was- I'm not in my right mind right now. I promise you I don't feel anyway like that towards you."

He slightly chuckles. "It's okay. I hope we can just forget this and stay friends."

She nodded. "Already forgotten."

"Friends." She held up her hand. "Friends." Minho laughed as he high fives the girl.

"Um I'm gonna go and finish cleaning up. Thanks for the talk I guess." She said before leaving the room.

Minho let out the breath of air he didn't know he was holding onto. "I am not Jisoo. I am not ruining the relationship I actually care about."