Chapter - 1

When my mom had ordered me to go to the bank and deposit our savings, I had agreed to do it without any arguments. I had expected my afternoon to go in a queue, then a café and then perhaps if I had time left, even a bookstore.

What I had not expected was to get myself tied and gagged and then thrown into a goddamn vault! So here I was, struggling, cursing at the damn thieves to hell while I tried to get the damn cuffs off of me. If dad saw me right now, he would be so disappointed.

Let's start from the beginning, shall we?

It all started about an hour back when I was about to go my merry way after depositing the amount in my account. It went downhill when a few men entered through the main doors, shutting it behind them and raising their guns at us.

Idiots had not even bothered to cover their faces. What type of immature losers were they? It was basic stealing 101. If you don't wanna get caught, you cover your damn faces so that no one recognizes you. Noobs.

Or maybe they were just that influential that they did not mind their identity revealed.

A shiver of fear ran down my spine at that thought, so I quickly dismissed it. No time for that right now.

"Stop screaming!" The shouts that the frightened citizens had been letting out only increased ten-fold, making me want to thwack them. Who knows what they will do if we don't do as they say? A shot rang out, the gun in the man's hand pointed upwards, letting me know no one was shot, yet.

"You know the drill people, put your hands up ladies and gentlemen! Perhaps if you cooperate, there won't be any bloodshed!" The freakishly tall man with dark blonde hair who stood in the middle of the hall spoke in a gruff but amused voice.

Bastard was enjoying this.

Hushed cries fell around the hall, people quickly putting their hands up. I looked around discreetly, trying to see if there was any emergency button anywhere around me. A little panic settles in me as I fail to find one anywhere around me.

Okay Valerie, no time to panic. Remember the basics. Head low, quiet corner, emergency number. Do not catch their attention.

Nodding to myself as I chant the words, I shuffle closer to the group of people around me, raising my hands like all others but not before slipping my phone out of my purse and into my pants. No one was going to check there now, were they?

Still, everything was only going downhill. It was okay, once we got on the straight plains, it won't look that bad.

"Please let us go!!!" A loud wail came, a few meters to my left. I instinctively turned to look at the woman, who looked scared shitless, clutching two little kids on either sides of her. The kids, the boy and the girl, looked beyond terrified, crying in their mother's torso.

The large blond man took a few deliberate steps towards her, the small motherly figure curling further into herself as she pushed her kids behind her. A sweet loving gesture.

Her bottom lip trembled fearfully as the man approached her, tears freely falling from her eyes. The man pulled her away from the kids forcefully, holding the muzzle of his gun on her head as the kids cries got louder upon being torn away from their mother.

Shit! Quickly but discreetly, I pull the phone out of my jeans, trying not to turn to dial the number. We needed help and we needed it quick. A man who had been standing alongside me noticed this and widened his eyes.

Uh-oh. Please don't panic! Pleaseee don't panic!

Thankfully, instead of making any sudden movements, he slowly moved a little in front of me, shielding me from prying eyes and nodded once. A go ahead.