Chapter - 7

The next entire week passed in hateful glares and trying to dominate me in public while behind the closed doors he received my hateful glares.

I was growing tired of all of it and frankly, every time he degraded me in public, in front of his men, a part of me felt as if it hit the lowest.

I did not deserve this. And no matter how many times I fired back, an insecure little part of me felt vulnerable and judged whenever he treated me like a damn toy rather than his equal.

It felt as if he wanted to own me more he more than he wanted me and every time that sentence passed through my mind; a sliver of myself broke because I knew I could never live with a man who wanted me submissive rather than expressive.

It was on a fine cloudy day when things in my personal hell hit the sky.

I was reading a book while sitting on the beanbag I had brought in for myself when he suddenly came barging in, looking for something. Not caring about him, I silently let my eyes fall down to the mystery novel I had found.

Tsking in annoyance when the light from the window behind me dimmed, I tried finding a position to sit in so that I could read easily.

Silently, he pulled me up and moved the bag, opening the floor length window and gesturing for me to step out in the balcony. Placing the beanbag away, he gestured to the small wooden chairs that were already out here.

Nodding, I settled down on it, not wanting to look at him.

"If you want to open the glass panels from above, front and the sides press this button on this remote or a button from here." He somberly spoke, pointing to the switch inside the room. I nodded, taking the remote out of his hands, ignoring his growing annoyance. "How long is this shit going to go on for? I'm your soulmate! You're going to have to talk to me someday."

His annoyed voice spoke after a while when I didn't say a word to him. My fingers clenched at his demand, anger surging through me.

"I will talk to you when you start threat it me as an equal rather than your personal bitch. There's more to this life than submitting to a man. When you realize the fact that I won't submit to you and start respecting it, maybe then I'll forgive you for the stunt you pulled on the first day and maybe then we will start talking. Sound good Soulmate?" I hissed the last word out distastefully, ignoring his clenching fists.

"Respect me little warrior, it won't end well if you don't." He hissed back menacingly, grabbing my chin like usual.

"I'll respect you when you earn it. Now let me read in peace!" I hissed back the same way he had, my palm grabbing his hand on my face by the wrist to pull it away.

"I'm sorry for what I did. I really am. Take your time to forgive me, but do not forget who's in control."

"You're not in control. You either share it with me or you reject me. There, I'm giving you a choice. Which is more than what you did." I hissed harshly, ignoring the hurt expression that flickered on his face for a moment. He had done much worse.

"I'm not rejecting you. You're stuck with me. We'll work on this little issue about power that you're adamant about."

The afternoon passed by as the mystery thriller influenced me to come up with a genius plan and as evening came and dark clouds gathered in the sky, I had a wonderful plan to get my mate to fall in line.

I spent about 10 minutes trying to understand the working of the remote and the switches inside the room. Interestingly, I came to know that the door could be locked shut from the inside and if you did not have the remote with you out in the balcony, you would be trapped there till someone opened it from inside.