Chapter - 28

It was funny how life worked.

One second you were having the best of your times and the next it was all gone. Taken away from you. Just like that. Poof!

*3 months earlier*

"Stay safe. Be alert. You better come back alive and kicking or I'll kill you." I mutter, handing him his gun and working his tie as he looked down at me musingly.

"Relax my little warrior. It's just a small gang. Nothing to worry about. I'll be back by midnight latest. I promise. Don't worry for me. Go and enjoy with your friends, I know they are in the city. Take my car." He stated, kissing my forehead.

"Here's your watch." I mutter, coming out of the closet after a minute, a black watch in my hand.

"I'll be fine Valerie. Stop worrying." He murmured, kissing me briefly.

"It's you. Of course I'll worry. Just come back home to me safe." I murmur back, tracing his jaw lightly.

"Always. See you later little one."

"Take care!" I yell, running after him. I grabbed him before he could go down the stairs, pulling him down by his tie and giving him a time-stopping kiss. "You come back quickly and safe, there'll be more of that." I murmur seductively, backing away before e could pull me into him.

I curtesy mockingly, grinning as I look back up at him, ignoring the darkening look in his eyes. "You have work to do Mr. Regio. Sir. Go ahead. Don't keep your men waiting."

"You're done for when I get back." He growled, crossing the distance between us in a step and pulling me in for a gut-wrenching kiss. "There will also be a lot of that." He muttered, his sound alluring as he skimmed his nose up and down my face.

"Looking forward to it." I state, backing away.

He nods, kissing my hand and going down and out of the house.

I went back in our room, quickly going into the closet and changing. Alright. Busy day ahead of me. Olivia and Noah were in the city to visit NYU's campus since they had taken a gap year and we were meeting up today after they were done, which would be in about an hour. Just enough time to get in the city.

I walked out of the closet, noticing a brown bag placed on the bed. He got me something?

I pick up the bag, getting confused as I see a small black phone in it and an envelope. Weird. What was he doing?

I open the envelope, reading the letter. 'Call on the number provided in the phone.' Huh?

I do so, very confused. What game was Darius playing?

"Hello?" I ask, waiting for a familiar voice to speak from the phone. I was met with an unfamiliar one.

"Hello there Valerie Gunnar. I hope you're doing well?" The man asked, a hint of mockery in his voice along with something... sinister. I distrusted him immediately. It was a voice of a man that would not think twice before stabbing you in the back.

"Whose this?" I ask, my voice turning hostile.

"I see you're as feisty as the tales have made you out to be. Pleasure to talk to you Ms. Gunnar. Perhaps you have a few moments to talk?" He asked, laughing at the beginning. Yay! Opening to escape.

"I'm sorry. I do not. I need to get going." I state, about to disconnect. His next words were what stopped me from doing it.

"Oh well then... looks like you don't want your mate to return back home." He smugly spoke, knowing he had my attention.