Chapter - 11

Walking towards the meeting room, I think about what I want to do after this. Regio had asked me to go into the meeting room, where he will join me after his call and where he plans on staying for the rest of his day.

"Meeting room. Not my office." He had said when I had stupidly started walking in the wrong direction.

I opened the double doors with hidden trepidation, holding my head high for the no doubt snippy old prejudiced assholes.

Entering, I noticed two things. One was that the room was already full, each and every seat except the head taken. Second was that everyone had snapped up from their seats, their heads lowered and posture stiff. Ohkayyy. What the fuck is happening? Awkwardly, I shuffle into the giant room, looking for some familiar faces so that they can tell me what was happening.

A mop of shit met my eyes, my feet making the only sound in the room as I walked towards the end of the table, the further most left seat where shithead was standing. I also noticed that right across from him stood sandy bitch, his stance the same as everyone else here.

"Shithead?"

No bloody response. Sighing, I reluctantly muttered his name.

"Zady?" Yes, I am a bitch.

"Yes ma'am?" Ohhh ma'am? No little girl? Coool.

"What's happening?"

"Respect. We don't look up till you say we can. We don't sit until you do." The sound of his teeth gritting in annoyance as he looked at my sudden grin was music to my ears.

"Oh you do, do you?" Clearing my throat as I speak clearly, my voice now going loud so everyone could hear me. "You all may sit. Except Zach and Hunter, that is. Please, take your respective seats gentlemen."

Smiling a sugar dipped smile, I drag the chair that Zach was standing by and plop down beside his standing self. Only after a few minutes of teeth gritting do I let them sit, Zach still standing because of the lack of chairs.

The doors suddenly open up again, his tall and handsome figure coming in commandingly. Again, everyone snapped up, but instead of lowering their heads; they got down on their knees with their hand on their heart and neck down, as if giving up their necks to him.

Ultimate submission. That's what they were showing to him.

Suddenly feeling uncertain and insecure, I fumbled up as well, my eyes involuntarily going downcast at the authoritative dominating aura surrounding the room. I knew now why people feared him.

His stance, which I had briefly seen screamed control. He walked in knowing he's the boss, knowing he's invincible. And I believed it. I believed then and there that this dark boss was invincible. That he was a god. The law of the world. He didn't feel like the man I had seen for the past month, he seemed like the terror he was known as.

The unmerciful criminal mastermind no sane man would cross. Fear, you could feel the fear radiating out of everyone. But also respect, respect reeked from each of the men bent on their knees.

My knees shook suddenly.

I was mated to him.

Maybe I should follow them as well.

My hand gripped the seat's handle, as I fought the instinct that wanted to get on it's knees and show him I mean no harm. No threat. That I wasn't against him and never would I either dare to be.

Shoes came in my view of the ground, a hand gripping my face gently yet firmly.

Eyes as green as the freshest of leaves met me, bright yet dark as they captured my dull brown ones.