Chapter - 24

"It's only for three days. I'll be back before you know it. I would take you with me but this is dangerous Valerie. I don't want you there."

"And you think that you saying it's dangerous is supposed to let me convince you to go alone? Absolutely not! I'm coming with you!"

"I won't be able to focus if you're there. If I don't focus, the reason I'm going there will turn futile. Understand Valerie." He states, going out of the room as he marches towards his office. I don't follow, knowing it was no use. I've been arguing about this for a week now. What use will it be?

Grumpily, I settle down on the bed and continue with my studies, trying to ignore the nagging voice that was telling me to go and convince him.

When Darius did not come down for lunch, I decided to make peace with him by taking it up in his office for him. I entered without knocking, a plate of steaming hot food in my hand. I stopped at the scene in front of me, hurt briefly flashing at the first image of the room.

Prostitutes. Fucking prostitutes.

Not one but 7 of them were lined in the left corner, all of them flaunting their figures while Darius was looking at them with his chair turned to them. I reacted how any other girl whose man had cheated on her would.

Picking up the first thing that came in my free hand, I let it fly, hoping it would hit his cheating ass right in the face. Fucker caught it without even looking at me.

Slowly, so slowly that I was almost ready to wrap a cloth around his neck and choke him to hell and back, he turned to look at me, his eyebrow raised.

"This," He started, "Is not what it looks like Valerie. Calm down and let me explain." He rushed, getting up. Putting the plate down, I crossed my hands and cocked my head, waiting, my silent order crystal clear. Explain.

"I need to take one of them with me to Miami Valerie. I need them for something." My eyes go ablaze with fury at every word.

"You'll take a helpless woman- A bloody prostitute with you but not me!? Why!" I yell, ignoring the gazes of his men from the other corner.

"I need a sub where I'm going. Something you and I both know you aren't or will never be."

"What the hell is this thing you're going at?" I yell, eyes bulged as I think about things that were running in my mind.

"An event." He darkly spoke as I glare at him, telling him to explain more, "Something is going on there. Something shady, something I have not authorized. I've tried to find out, but it's too hushed. I have my doubts about what might be happening but if it's anything like what I think, I need to fucking stop it."

Hesitantly, my eyes travel to the bunch of prostitutes. My mind was made up before my eyes reached the last one in the line.

"Take me with you. I'll do it." I state, jutting my chin out as I looked straight at him.

"Valerie... I don't think you should come with me. This is not something you will be okay with. I do not want you seeing things that scar you. It's everything you believe against. Trust me, you won't like it."

"Darius please. Let me go with you. I-" My eyes drift back to the prostitutes meaningfully, when they went back to him, they had a pleading note in them that only a mate could see, "Can't-" He sighs, looking at my face for a long moment as if debating something.

"You can come with us. Cory, Liam, get these ladies out of here. Others get out." I move to shuffle out, not wanting to get in his way and annoy him. Don't want him going back on his word now do we? "Not you Val. Stay back. If you're coming, you need to know some things. Zach, stay back as well."