Chapter - 14

It had been about two weeks since the attack. Rex was healing, very efficiently one would say had they seen him. He was currently, if I am not wrong in his office working. Which is precisely where I was marching.

It's about time I got my shit back, won't you say?

I knocked on the solid door, not wanting to disturb him. Who am I kidding? I'm trying not to anger him so that I could have my bloody phone back.

"Come in."

"Are you busy?" I question out the second I'm in.

"No. Is there anything you need?" He looked surprised to see me here. I couldn't blame him. I barely came out of the library till the evenings these days.

"I want my phone and other belongings back." I replied, straightening myself. The only thing that told me he had heard me was the raising of his eyebrow. He continued looking at me, his lack of answer annoying me.

"Regio!" I spoke a little louder, trying to snap him out of whatever he was thinking, "Phone. Now!" When he still didn't reply, I marched towards his desk and stood beside him. Crossing my arms, I tapped my foot impatiently, waiting for him to bloody move and give me my stuff back.

"Why do you need it?" He asked after a few more minutes of 'creeping Valerie out with my stare'.

"Because," I started speaking, my voice thick with sarcasm, "It's mine!"

"Hmm." Was all he said before he opened a drawer in front of me and picked out my phone. My attention however, was drawn to the thick file on which it had been laying on. Valerie Gunnar written on top of the file, it did not take me much time to figure out the contents in it.

"You have a bloody file on me!?" I asked, snatching it out before he could shut the drawer close. Jumping out of his reach, I ruffle through the pages of the file, giving a pointed look to his men who looked like they wanted to take it out of my hand.

My eyes widened as I looked through the file, nausea thumping at the base of my throat. He had everything on me. Even things only I knew of. Things I had never told anyone of.

My wide eyes snapped up to his, fury building in them at the invasion of privacy.

"That's my entire life in there!" I hissed, not hiding the anger. His only response was a shrug.

A bloody shrug!

"It's not that big of a deal."

"Not that big of a- Of course it is! It's a total invasion of privacy not to mention it has things that I do not wish for you to know!"

I regretted that the second I said it.

Slammed against the wall with a gentle but firm push, my hands were pinned above me after snatching away the file out of them, showing me just how easily he could take control of any situation. His hot breath hit my ear a second later, not giving me a second to even blink at the new position he had trapped me in.

"What could it be that you would not wish for me to know little warrior? Did you lie to me? Have there been any other hands than mine that have touched you? Hmm? Are you hiding past lovers? Boyfriends? Beneficial friends? Tell me darling, what have you lied about?"

"N-No." Why was I bloody stuttering? It has to be the cold frost-bite from his voice. Yes. That's it. "I-I'm not hiding anything."

"Why do I sense another lie there?" He asked chuckling, the vibrations of it driving straight to my core. Dammit! I can't think when I'm like this.

Tugging at my hands, I tried hard to get out of his hold, somehow not affecting him in the least. The bloody ice-block did not seem slightest bit affected by my tugging and thrashing.