Chapter - 27

A small whimper left me, the memories of something so similar happening before haunting my mind as I cried out softly. Ouch! It bloody hurts!

A shot rang out, a cry rising from above me as a man fell down. I scampered away. My back hit the back of something, my wide frantic eyes snapping up. Please don't let it be one of them!

I looked up, hasty and scared, relief washing over as I saw it was Darius. He pulled me up and behind him, snarling viciously and shooting the other two in their legs.

"You fuckers!! How fucking dare you! Zachery! Hunter! Be quick or I'll fucking kill you!" The two men hurried back, their eyes taking in the scene and quickly connecting as they looked at my scared face.

"Bastards!!" Zach hissed, coming in and punching the first guy that was in front of him.

"I'm taking my woman upstairs. But before that," A dagger was in his hand before I knew and a minute later, the floor was filled with the sounds of three men crying and cursing in pain. Missing one finger each. "A lesson and a preview for what's to come. I was planning on going a little lenient since you three were little egoistic teens, but now that I see you haven't changed," he chuckled savagely, the three men cowering, "You're going to see the reason why people fear me. Apologize to her. Now!"

"I-I'm sorry Valerie."

"S-SO s-sor-ry V-Valerie."

"I-I apolog-gize. S-Sorr-ry!"

Now wanting to look at them, I turn to Darius, hoping he'll just come up. I was going either way. He picked me up, my head resting on his shoulder, not fighting him this time.

"Zach?" I whispered softly, looking at him when we were just about to leave the cell. He looked up, alert eyes catching mine. "Hurt them." I whispered, a pleading vengeful expression on my face.

His face twisted into that of Regio's right hand man.

"Your wish is my command Regina. Do not worry. Their yells will be heard even when you next wake up." Hunter nodded from beside him, holding Ethan down by his neck and pressing till he turned blue.

We left not a second later, my state drowsy as we travelled up the elevator.

He slowly put me down once we were back in the room, moving away after kissing my forehead. My eyebrows furrowed, my eyes half-shut now open as I looked at him standing in the balcony with his hands behind his back, a military stance of sorts radiating from him. Was he not coming in?

"Darius?" I croaked out, my voice perhaps not audible since he did not turn. I got up, talking small steps towards him till I was right behind his back. "What's wrong? Why do you look so tense?" I asked lowly, worried.

"I have never seen you look so worried. So fucking vulnerable. It angers me." Okay. Ouch.

"Me being weak angers you!? That's so unfair! Everyone is scared of something. So what if I cower a little from my past? I don't like to relive it! What is so wrong in that!?" I speak heatedly, my voice going high with every word. I'm going to kill him!

He turned around and pinned me with his gaze, the insults I was about to hurl at him dying down in my throat. Uh-oh.

"It's the fact that I couldn't help you back then that angers me Valerie, not you! Why ever would you think that?" He speaks evenly, pulling me beside him. Maybe I won't kill him.

"Oh."

"You," He spoke frostily, his finger trailing from my eyes to neck and then back up, "My little one have an illogical mind." I looked up at him, grinning like a maniac that enjoyed being tortured. Speaking of torture.