Chapter - 5

It felt like I had been running for hours. But I knew it had only been half an hour or so. My feet hurt from the running I had just gone through and now that I was alone, I had not bothered with trying to keep my tears at bay.

Everything. Every shitty thing had fallen apart in a matter of hours.

Exhausted, I slumped back on a tree and dropped down, trying to calm myself down. Letting myself catch up with everything for a few minutes, I don't try to hold the tears back and let myself feel the pain of everything that had occurred.

Dad almost killing me, the man I'm supposed to love threatening to kill everyone I know, being kidnapped, finding the damn man that's supposedly my life partner, being held hostage, so much! So much happened in the past 6 hours.

Getting caught up, I tried to shake my head and tell myself that it was not over yet. I had to find someone or a place that had a phone or something so I could contact for help. Couldn't call home because of dad and I didn't remember any other number. Police it will be then.

Quickly revising the plan, which was- Get out of this damn forest and get a phone, I wiped my tears with the sleeve of my shrug and got up.

I had been walking for only a few minutes when the noise of a branch snapping made me turn back. Shit!

Not bothering to think, I started running as quick as I could when an amused voice called out. "You want a chase? Then you'll get one!" The voice had turned cold in the end, a familiar cold that was going to haunt my nightmares from now.

Yelping when my cuffed hand got stuck in a branch, I yanked it away, ignoring the pain that shot through my cheek as it scraped me. No time to cry over little cuts.

I am pretty sure that we ran for about 20 minutes or so before I started getting tired. Weaving my way around, I tried to lose them; yes-them, there had been multiple footsteps once we started running, I tried being as tactical as I could.

Running towards a certain area, I skidded to an abrupt and painful stop, falling back on the ground when shithead appeared in front of me, leaning against the tree just by the path I was about to run further into.

Sharp hazel eyes met mine as I stared up, wide eyed in fear and panic, scrambling to get up as horror settled in my veins, knowing if shithead was here, he was closer.

Quickly getting up, stumbling back a few steps as I loose balance, I ran in another direction, looking back at shithead's running figure behind me, one that was frighteningly catching up.

I duck as branches pass by me, ignoring the cuts and scrapes I was acquiring in the process of running, the instinct of flight flaring in my veins, wanting to give it's best to save our metaphorical balls.

Fingers touched my forearm, a loud screech leaving me as I desperately tried to jerk it off, doubling my efforts and pushing my legs to work as hard as they could, trying not to give into the screaming muscles' wishes and drop down.

Surprised by how I had managed to pry shithead's fingers off me, I looked back quickly, even more surprised when I saw no one.

When no sound reached me after minutes of running, I dared to glance back and was relieved when I still found no one there.

Still weary but hella tired, I went to hide behind a tree and let my back hit it as I worked on regaining my breath. Bending a little, wishing I could support myself with my hands, I tried my best to be quick so that I could continue on without risking another run-in with them.

When I got back up with my breaths a little in my control, all of it was knocked out as a hand wrapped around my throat.

"No!!!" I yelled, frustration and anger clear in my voice that even after my best attempts, I couldn't escape him.