Chapter - 8

The pitter-patter of rain felt anything but soft against my skin as I got up from the chair and sunk down on the floor. The lower I stay, the less cold I might feel.

The thunder kept rumbling above me as lightning joined it, my body not being able to take everything and shaking. If you ask me what I was shaking because of- the pain or the cold, I would've had no answer to reply back with.

I could feel it. I could feel eyes of multiple men on me, as if laying and waiting at me to sign myself up to him. Not a fucking chance! I won't give him that satisfaction!

Gritting my teeth, I bit my tongue to not cry out in fear when a loud thunder boomed.

Hours must've passed when I could no longer take the cold. Getting up and turning, I looked up to find his eyes already watching me, a sad triumph expression on his face.

Not yet mate. I'm not done yet.

Moving back towards the railing, I dropped down in the corner, hoping the enclosed space between the two walls would make me feel less cold. The glass felt cold against my skin, my fingers digging into me every time a loud roar was heard. I kept myself curled into myself, letting my head drop on my arms.

He did not care. All he wanted from me was my submission. Not me but my obedience.

A soft cry was heard in the dark night, making me realize I had started letting out soft anguished cries.

I kept my head low, feeling a dozen or so eyes on me, hoping I wouldn't break in front of them.

Lifting my head up when the rain droplets started hitting the back of my neck hurtfully, I let my head rest on the glass panel behind me, my face now taking the hard hits of the water pouring down in me. At least this way no one will notice the tears pouring down my eyes.

I was rubbing my arms up and down to keep myself warm when the watch came in my palm. Looking down at it, anger and hatred flared up in me for the man who had given it to me. My eyes travelled down to the written work on it and I smiled bitterly as my eyes took the words in.

'From your first protector and your first hero. Love- Dad.'

Protector and hero my ass. You were ready to disown me and kill me when the first obstacle came. Ripping the watch out of my wrist, I looked at the cuts the harsh tugging left in it's wake and threw the meaningless thing away from me as tears blinded my vision.

Maybe if he had acted in a sensible way, I wouldn't be here today.

The two men who I had thought I could depend upon, the two men I thought I wouldn't have to be tough with had shattered me. Tore me. Beat me black and blue with their actions.

Anguish settled itself in my bones, my cries getting rougher as my body heaved at the fact that I will never have someone to have my back.

My body shuddered, my cries louder as whimpers left me, not caring anymore. The rain came down heavier as if feeling my pain and trying to wrap its cold arms around me in comfort and my heart broke when I realized that the only arms that could comfort me were the ones that put me here.

The sound of the door slamming shut made me jump and look up, only to see that he had left the room.

Zach and Hunter's eyes looked at me with pity, my wide and scared eyes looking at them with hurt and accusation. What kind of men were they? They knew this was wrong. I could see it in their eyes. But still, no one made a move to help me. No one. The few times I needed help, I had no branch to pull me up.

I shuddered heavier as the thought settled in me that this was how it will always be. I will be living in house where my cries of pleads will fall to deaf ears. The silent whispers of my tormentor written down as laws. No one. I'll be alone. All alone.