Chapter - 18

"Come on ma. No need to cry. It's not like I'm never going to see you again." I mutter dryly, not liking the waterfalls that were falling down my mother's eyes.

"Don't you say that! I don't want you to go! Why can't you stay with me here?" She wails, blowing her nose as I move around the room packing a few things. Dumping all my books, I look at my mother's red face.

"I'm going to continue my studies. Online but yeah." I answer her unanswered question. "As to why I can't stay back here, I- can't. I don't want to stay anymore to be honest."

"Your father is sorry you kn-"

"No. He isn't. Don't lie to me." I sharply say, cutting her off. She flinches lightly at my sharp gaze, lowering her head and nodding lightly.

"I'm sorry. I know.. I just feel bad."

"Don't. It's not your fault. Just- let it go. You can't do anything about it anyways. Just accept the situation, however sucky it is."

"Wise words for a little person, darling." An amused voice suddenly spoke from behind me, two pairs of eyes snapping to the door. The heavy novel in my hand fell as I rushed up to him, jumping in his arms as I squealed. Oh my god! What is he doing here!?

"Why are you here!?" I whisper excitedly, his arms coming up to palm my butt as he pulls me up more in his arms. I tighten my legs around his torso, grinning at him as I plant my lips on his sloppily, giddy. My arms resting on his shoulders, I faintly hear the sound of a door closing. His hand never leaving their place, he kisses me back softly.

"Hello there little one, that's a nice way to greet someone. Although I do hope for your sake that it's only me you greet that way." Not being able to stop grinning, I nod goofily. A throat clearing delicately made me snap out of the sweet feeling Regio gave, the fact that my mom was watching me kiss a man like my life depended on it making my skin flush.

"Regio. Meet Elizabeth Gunnar, my mom. Mom- you know who he is, my soulmate/tormentor for life, Rex." Excitedly introducing the two, I point between the two of them, hoping mom won't react like most people.

"Good to meet you Mr. Regio. Heard a lot of you, from Valerie and many others, although I have taken only Valerie's into account." My mum greets, smiling softly from the bed.

"Pleasure is all mine Mrs. Gunnar. I hope you're feeling well now? You sure look beautiful, no wonder my little warrior gets her looks from you." He smoothly compliments, his one hand still supporting my rear while the other travels up to hold me from around my waist.

"Your little warrior?" She asks, beyond amused, looking at me pointedly as a mischievous smile grazed her mouth. "Now Valerie, you never told me he called you that."

"It never came up ma." I deadpanned, trying not to blush at the suggestive wiggling eyebrows of hers. Immature mother of mine!

"Oh would you look at that, it's time to take my medicines. I'll leave you to your packing. I'm sure Mr. Regio can help you since you're so terrible at it." She states, getting up and walking past us. Regio chuckles as my blush intensifies at her obvious matchmaking shenanigans, the urge to smack my forehead intense.

The second she's out of the door, Regio slams the door with his foot, turning us and slamming me against it, his lips frantically moving against mine, hungry. "Mm- god I've missed you in the past few weeks. Never again. You hear me. Never again you're staying away from me." He mutters, biting my lower lip.

My hands cup his face, pulling him close to mine as I keep him close to me.

"I've missed you." I gasp out, his hand going under my shirt, the action making me want to moan loudly which wouldn't be advisable since my parents are just outside.