Chapter - 21

"We're going to an opening of a club. I need to set some ground... rules for the employees," Really, I can swear it seems like you're going to threaten them. "It's an influential area. I don't normally indulge in this shit but this occasion calls for it. What do you say? Would you like to come with me?"

I look up from my book, trying to figure out what his game was? Club and me? He would never want that. Unless...

"So this has nothing to do with making a public appearance with your soulmate?" I question musingly, a corner of my mouth turned up, my eyebrow shooting up.

He looked sheepish. He had the audacity to look at me sheepishly from the mirror. I shake my head as I silently laugh, telling him I'll go.

"What are you reading?" He suddenly asks, trying to look at the title through the reflection.

"College." I mumble, attention distracted now, ignoring a he shuffled around to leave.

"Mm-m." A hand darted out and cupped me through my top, my breath hitching at the sudden contact. "Be a good girl for me, will you?" He murmured in my ear, biting it softly as I clutch on the chair's armrest.

Come on Valerie! Use that sarcasm!

"I'll be whatever I feel like." I whisper roughly, his hand coming up and gripping my throat sensually. He chuckled quietly, his short breaths hitting me as I look up at him and narrow my eyes. "Stop it!"

"Stop what?" He asks innocently, groping my chest roughly and pinching me through my top. "This?" He asks in my ear and then bites my earlobe, "Or this?"

"Don't you have work to do? People to tor-Ah!-torture? Employees to sc- Dammit Regio!- to scare?" He chuckled before flicking me one last time, causing me to jump at the sensation and moves away, doing his tie as I glower at him.

"Don't make that face little warrior." I glared at his muscular back which bunched up and relaxed with the smallest of movement, each and every movement of his a rough graceful dance that only he, as a fine fighter, could pull of.

I wanna be like that.

"I wanna learn to fight like you all." I state after a few moments, looking at him fiercely, knowing he was confused by the sudden request.

"Excuse me?" He asked strangely, turning back to me.

"I said: I want to learn to fight like you all. I've seen your men training and it's on an entirely different level. Better than what I have learnt. I want to improve. Get better. Stronger. Faster. Deadly. Cue more adjectives till it sets in your thick head." I sass at the end, getting annoyed that he wasn't replying.

"You have no reason to get better. Your technique and fighting skills are good."

"Good would mean me standing a chance against you: something you and I both know I don't. Not even for a minute. I don't want to be just good. Teach me." I speak unfazed by his narrowed slits, I was used to them by now, it wasn't that scary. "I'll ask Zach or Hunter or Luke if you don't agree. I was informing you about this. Not asking permission Regio."

Getting up and putting my book down, I move into the closet to change, the urge to fulfill my desire taking over. He walks in when I had started stripping, a frown marring his handsome face which changed when he saw my state. Rolling my eyes, I turn away from him, smiling at his darkening expression.

The faces he made were very good for my ego.

Changing into a sports bra and a crop, ignoring the strained growl that came from him when I was bare on the top-half, I quickly got ready for training.