My training continues

Recently you've been training with Shinobu to learn something called total concentration breathing constant. You've been running laps, doing sit ups, push ups, and...blowing into gourds?

This training is very straining on my lungs even with all the training I went through with Zenitsu I can barely keep up with the daily routine that she has set for you. My lungs feel like they are going to explode. At least I know what Zenitsu was getting me ready for...

"Stop dazing and get back to work." your new trainer Shinobu said with a smile. You nervously smiled and continued to run laps.

It may not look like it but she is terrifying force of power. But same as Zenitsu she still hasn't told me her quirk yet.

3 months later

"Are you ready?" Shinobu asked with a hint of excitement "Yes" you raised the sword high above your head and brought it down with lightning speed, with one quick slice it was over. The ball of cars was sliced in half, you completed the final test. You turned to Shinobu with a smile on your face "Looks like I passed" she looked at you with a closed eye smile "Good luck."

You heard someone clapping in the distance and it was getting closer. You looked to where it was coming from and you saw Zenitsu walking towards and clapping his hands. "Woah, that was so cool! I can't believe my pupil is that strong!" you smiled brightly at him "Well I couldn't have done it without Shinobu's help." Zenitsu looked confused "Who's Shinobu?" you looked at him oddly "What are you talking about she's right her-" she was nowhere to be seen. "But I swear she was just here! Where did she go?!" you frantically looked around for her.

Zenitsu put his hand on your shoulder "Let's forget about that. You have 2 months left and I intend to use all of it." he flashed you a smile.

For next 2 months he tought you an ancient art of combat: breathing forms.

"So you're telling me that if I can learn special techniques now that I learned how to breathe?" Zenitsu looked at you for a second before answering "Yep!" you sighed.

I definitely had a massive jump in strength, that clump of cars felt like butter when I cut through but why do I have to learn some super old sword poses?

"Alright show me what to do." Zenitsu froze "About that...I learned a breathing form with 6 forms but only learned how to do one: the first form of thunder breathing." you swore a vein popped "What?! How the hell are you a teacher if you only learned a single damned form!? What was the goddamned point?!"

Zenitsu's eyes lit up "Wait! I almost forgot, I do know one more form the 7th form of thunder breathing!" you raised your ear brow "I thought you said there were 6 forms of thunder breathing" Zenitsu sheepishly rubbed his head "I created the 7th form: flaming thunder god" you started to sweat, the name alone changing the feeling in the air. "But you're not ready for that yet."

All that hype for him to just say that?!

"After all the 7th form is based off the 1st so let's get to work!"

You spent a couple weeks learning the first form.

"Since we don't have any more junk for you to slice-"

Where did that stuff go anyway?

"-I got some fruit for you to slice!" you deadpanned as Zenitsu walked over to a stool he set up and placed a watermelon on top of it.

Fruit? Really?

"Think about it, you proved your strength when you cut the ball of cars in half so all you need to work on is your technique, so have at it!" Zenitsu was practically bouncing up and down in excitement as you got in the stance for the first form of thunder breathing.

You slid your left foot back and firmly planting down your right foot in front of you. You started breathing through your teeth just like Zenitsu taught you making a eerie sound. You focused on your target and with one precise movement and a brilliant flash of light you cut cleanly through the watermelon and pushed through the other side putting you on the other side of the stool.

The top half of the watermelon flew off and landed at your feet "What a waste of good fruit." Zenitsu jumped into the air in excitement "You did it!" you used your hand to push your hair up and cockily smiled "Of course I did, unlike you I'm a prodigy."

Your cocky smile was pushed into the sand while Zenitsu sat on your back.

For the rest of your time training you kept trying to improve the 1st form of thunder breathing because Zenitsu still wouldn't teach you the 7th. But by the time the exam was right around the corner you knew you were ready.

The beach, 1 week until exam

"So why did you want me to come so early?" you asked wondering what he had planned "I forbid you from using that sword during the exam." you were suprised "What?!" the orange color of the rising sun shone on Zenitsu's face "Consider this your final-final test." starting to get upset you lashed out "What was the point of you teaching me that stuff if I can't even use it?!" at this point Zenitsu looked serious more than you've ever seen him "I made a mistake, I shouldn't have taught you a new still without overcoming one you've had almost your entire life."

"I'm talking about your quirk, you haven't even gotten control of something you were born with. I won't continue teaching you unless you figure out how to properly use your quirk." Zenitsu then used his signature move, the walk away.

You stood there with your teeth clenched. Slowly breathing in and then breathing out. You let yourself calm down, after all you only had a week to figure out how to properly use your quirk.

______________________________________

Sorry for the wait! Once I realized how long it was before I posted another chapter I got to work and finished it in a single night. I'll try to keep it to a week tops until I release my next chapter. Until next time, goodbye!
______________________________________