Sports Festival (Part 2)

You still clutched the headband in your arms as you ran away, buying time for your quirk to take effect. Black mist continued floating off the headband.

I just need a minute and then this game is as good as won!

As you jumped backwards Bakugou jumped from his team and reached for the headband. You barely dodged and brought up your foot and kicked Bakugou in the chin, snapping his neck back and sending him flying backwards. He shot off an explosion at the ground and his teammate grabbed him with tape and pulled him back.

Then Canada Man shot a pillar of ice at you. You then put your quirk into your legs and jumped, but part of the ice got your foot. The ice quickly grew and started creeping up your leg.

Shit! I only need a little bit more time!

In an act of desperation you let out more of your quirk. The arcs of electricity raging all around you cutting through and melting the ice. Fortunately Mineta managed to hang on and wasn't hit by any electricity.

Suddenly the headband was engulfed in black misty flames before they disappeared as quickly as they appeared. You gently smiled to yourself.

I've won...

You tightly gripped the headband before throwing it into the air. "What are you doing Y/n?!" Mineta cried out in response to your action "Calm down, I know what I'm doing" he nervously gulped and nodded.

Now that the attention was off of you, you had the opportunity to get away from the ice and smirked as you watched teams fighting each other to get to the headband. Then just as a team was about to grab it, you glared at it and the headband was engulfed in black, mist like flames. Then it disappeared, then quickly reappeared in the hand you were holding it in before.

"1 MINUTE REMAINING!!!" Present Mic was as loud as ever with his announcements. Then the crowd started counting down from 60.

In a fit of anger Bakugo blasted off from his team making them slightly stumble from the explosion. While he flew towards you, you jumped backwards into the air. This caused Bakugo to go past you and almost hit the ground, his team saving him. Then Midoryia's team suddenly came out of nowhere and grabbed the headband.

So annoying!

Then out of nowhere a huge wall of ice appeared and trapped your team and Midoryia's team inside. Then Candy Cane's team went after Midoryia.

"40! 39! 38!"

I can't afford to lose here!

The headband appeared in your hand once again before you gave it Mineta. Candy Cane's team launched a wave of ice at you, in response you jumped into the air to dodge. But Midoryia's team was right there next to you in the air with a jet pack boosting them up to you.

They have someone from the support class on their team?!

You and Midoryia locked eyes, both of you eager to win this competition. Then Midoryia called out to a pink haired girl on his team "Hatsume, now!" then a net shot out from a canister on her waist. Surprised, you were forced to let out a wave of electricity at the net with the intent to slice it in two.

But when the electricity came in contact with the net it passed right through it.

They must have had it insulated for this exact moment!

Then the bird guy used his shadow to swipe at you as the net was approaching you quickly.

"18! 17! 16!"

If I get tangled in that net then they'll take the headband. My second quirk allows me to teleport to or teleport something to me that I've marked with the black mist. I only get three charges before I have to wait for a recharge, and that takes about 45-60 minutes to fully recharge. If I use it more than three times then I'll lose a lot of stamina in exchange for the teleportation. But it looks like I'll have to use my last charge to get out of the net...

You quickly grabbed the headband from Mineta and threw it towards the ground.

"10! 9! 8!"

Using your second quirk you quickly teleported to the headband and grabbed it letting you dodge the net. Then a huge explosion erupted from the ice wall surrounding the area you were in. Bakugo shot out of the hole like a bullet, speeding towards you with his hand out.

"5! 4! 3!"

At the same time Candy Cane was preparing another wave of ice and Midoryia was falling towards you with the rest of his team. You quickly pushed electricity out of your body creating a barrier that extended about 5ft in every direction.

"2!"

Ponytail Girl threw a blanket on her team as they charged towards your barrier. Bakugo on the other hand sped up, not seeming to care that he would take damage if he touched the barrier.

"1!"

Then everyone stopped their advances on you as the crowd cheered loudly. You smiled as you wiped the sweat off your forehead. Then Mineta fell limp to the ground, detaching himself and then passing out from what you could only assume was shock.

Midoryia started walking towards you "Congratulations Y/-"

Suddenly everything fell apart around you as you jolted up from your bed. Looking around you came to your senses.

It...was just a dream? It felt so real.

You got up from the bed to see your two familiar swords hung up on a coat hanger with the strap around the sword. Then you remembered all the most recent events.

Why is this Midoryia person only showing up now? And why is that I'm only starting to have these dreams after meeting him on my first real mission? Also, I still need time to think about AFO...he's definitely hiding something from me.

_____________________________

I'm so sorry! It has been a month since my last chapter my only excuse is that I hit my first ever writer's block ever in this story. Also I'm really lazy and I really want to get to the good parts because interesting stuff doesn't really happen until a little later on like during the AFO vs All Might fight. But sadly I just have to suck it up and keep writing...
But never mind that! This story now has over 10,000 reads!(! * infinity) I never thought that my little story would get this many people reading it! Thankfully that's a really good motivator to keep writing, so until next time!
________________________________