Chapter 8

You woke up the next day, with the sun shining its light on you.

Why is my head pounding? "Right, I drank yesterday," you whispered to yourself as you rubbed your head.

You turned around to adjust your position when you were face to face with Yunho's sleeping face and his arm around your waist. Why is he here? You asked yourself, admiring his beauty. You slowly brought your hands to his cheeks, rubbing them gently.

Yunho groaned at your touch, pulling you closer to him, hugging you tightly. "Y/N," he whispered in his dream.

Your cheeks flushed a bright shade of pink. Why is he calling my name? Is he dreaming about me? You shyly looked at him, omg how am I going to face him after kissing him yesterday. Moreover, me giving him my first kiss! I bet I didn't even do it right. I was drunk too! So many thoughts started to linger inside your head that you buried your light pink face in his chest, hiding your embarrassed state. You hugged him tightly, thinking about anything that could go wrong from now on, when a voice spoke, interrupting your thoughts.

"Y/N?" you heard Yunho's raspy voice speak.

You slowly looked up to face him, only to find your lips inches apart from each other. You didn't dare to say anything to him as you felt your cheeks flush a brighter pink, remembering everything all over again. You both stayed looking into each other's eyes, until he spoke once again.

"I'm sorry, Miss" Yunho said, letting go of you and sitting up. "Yesterday you told me to-"

"It's okay," you smiled at him, also getting up, "don't worry about it."

"Thank you, Miss," he smiled at you.

"But please call me Y/N."

"As you wish, Y/N," Yunho replied after you. "I'll be heading to my room now."

You nodded your head and also went to get ready for the day.

After you both were done getting ready, Yunho prepared some hangover remedies for each of you. You both needed it as you needed to get through the day somehow. As you both drank the remedies together, curiosity struck you, wanting to know more about him.

"Hey Yunho," you spoke softly, scared he won't answer your question.

"Yes?"

"Is your mother okay?" you asked softly.

"Yes she is doing better than she was last time," he smiled at you. "Are you asking me because of what happened yesterday?"

You slowly nodded your head, trying to hide your face from embarrassment.

Yunho softly chuckled, "it's okay, no need to be shy. Since you told me something about you, I'll tell you something about me. Deal?"

"Deal!" you smiled at him.

"When I was your age, I never wanted to go to school. I was very different yet similar to you in a way." He started to say, "I always knew my family would support me no matter which path I took, but when I found out about my mom's terminal illness I lost hope for my future. My mother has been battling cancer for a very long time now, but being barely 18 at the time I started to drink a lot to forget about the pain of possibly losing my mother. My alcoholism was so bad to the point I had to go to rehab for a couple months. After I was done with rehab I searched for a job to help my mother with her condition, but it was useless finding a very good high paying job."

"I'm so sorry," you softly said.

"It's okay," he assured you, "that's when I came across your father. He said he'd help me take care of my mother if I watched over you."

"Ohhh," you replied back.

"Yep, it was a big life lesson for me, but I'm glad I got to work here," he smiled at you.

"Really?" you asked him surprised, "why?"

"Well, I got to learn how to be a proper bodyguard, trained extra," he paused for a second, "and I also got to meet you."

"I see," you slowly turned away from him, trying to hide your blush.

Yunho seemed to notice as he spoke, slightly chuckling, "since we're done with my interrogation can I ask you a question?"

"Umm sure," you turned towards him.

"Why'd you kiss me yesterday?"

"I-" was all you could say, as Yunho slowly approached you.

He gently cupped your face as he rubbed your cheeks with his thumbs.

"Y/N," he called out to you gently, coming closer to you.

Your lips were now inches apart from each other when suddenly the door opened to reveal your father.

"Hello you two," Mr. Kim said, eyeing both of you, interrupting what you were both doing.

You both jumped away from each other and greeted him in return. He smiled softly as he spoke, "Y/N, Wooyoung told me to tell you he is hosting a party at his house later tonight. You will be going along with Yunho as he is your bodyguard."

You nodded your head in agreement not wanting to argue with him.

"Good," he said to you. He then turned to Yunho, "Yunho come with me."

You went to your room to change as your father spoke to Yunho.

Yunho POV

Mr. Kim brought me to his office, closing the door behind him. Shit I'm fucked, I thought to myself as he looked at me seriously.

"Now Yunho," he looked at me, "what did I say about the rules?"

"To not break them sir," I gulped knowing exactly where he was coming from.

"Good," he replied, "now what was rule 3?"

"To not fall in love with Ms. Y/N, sir."

"Correct! Now what exactly were going to do with her then!" he yelled, causing me to flinch.

"Sir, you got it all wrong," I tried to defend myself, "I was just helping Miss as she had something on her face."

"I see," he eyed me suspiciously. "Remember the consequences if you ever break a rule. Your mother will suffer the consequences and I will not hesitate to kick you out of my house."

"Yes sir, I understand," I replied, avoiding eye contact.

"It's nothing against you though," he chuckled.

"I know sir."

"Good, now you may go back to Y/N and follow her to the party."

"As you say sir," I smiled bitterly leaving the room.

I'm sorry Y/N

-----------

I finally finished most of my homework so I have time to post! Since I'm on my laptop right now, you all get chapter 8 before Instagram does! You all have been so supportive about this book, its makes me smile every day. I hope you all like it and continue supporting me until the end!<3