Chapter 9

You were on your way to the party with Yunho. You were quite nervous to be seen with him in public as you didn't want your feelings to be exposed. Moreover, you didn't want people to misunderstand that you both were dating, though you didn't really mind. You wore a red tight dress, while he wore his black suit, with a red tie. You both really did look like a couple. You blushed a little at the idea of being compared to a couple with him. As your thoughts started to wonder, you noticed the whole car ride was silent, in which you didn't know why.

"Yunho," you spoke trying to break the awkward silence. "Is everything okay? Why are you so quiet?"

"It's nothing Y/N," he smiled at you.

"Did my father say anything to you?"

"No," he smiled sadly at you, "he just said to protect you at all costs."

You sighed in relief, hoping that Yunho was telling you the truth.

Yunho turned to look at you and smiled, "everything is okay Y/N don't worry."

"Okay," you said smiling at him.

Soon after you both arrived at the party and you were welcomed by your friend Wooyoung.

"Hello Y/N," he waved at you and smiled at Yunho that was behind you. "Glad you could make it."

"Yep same here!" you smiled at him happily.

"I see your bodyguard came," he said looking back at Yunho.

"Ah yes!" you smiled. "he's my friend now so don't be mean to him," you whispered into his ear.

Wooyoung chuckled, "I won't."

"Good! Yunho lets go have some fun!" you said grabbing his hand. "Bye Woo see you later!"

"Goodbye Y/N," he smiled back at you as you left with Yunho hand in hand.

Wooyoung felt extremely happy for you. He knew you liked Yunho, it was written all over your face, but he worried that your father would not accept him. Especially since your father had visited him the previous day to make sure that you and Yunho were not close at all.

Flashback

"What's your view on the new bodyguard?" Mr. Kim asked Wooyoung.

"He seemed pretty nice and respectful sir," Wooyoung replied.

"You think? I hired him since he was in need financially but I don't want Y/N to fall for him."

"Why not sir?" Wooyoung asked, surprised, "he seems like a very good person."

"He doesn't fit our standards," Mr. Kim replied, "if anything, Wooyoung why don't you marry Y/N?"

"What?"

"Well, I don't see why not. I mean you both have been friends for so long and you're also in the same class as us. It's a win, win situation."

"Mr. Kim, I don't think that a good idea."

Mr. Kim was about to answer when his phone rang signaling him to go back to work. He answered his phone and quickly whispered, "please think about my offer, I will be going now."

Mr. Kim then left Wooyoung's house, leaving him very confused.

"Wtf am I going to do?" Wooyoung whispered to himself, ruffling his hair.

Flashback ends

The whole night, Yunho was by your side making sure you didn't get too drunk. He wanted you to have fun thus he let you drink until you wanted. Although you weren't really in the mood to drink, so you only took a couple shots. As you took the last sip of your shot, you made your way to the dance floor along with Yunho.