chapter 2

Riku’s eyes snapped open the next morning just as the sun was starting to filter through his window. His heart pounded quickly in his chest and he blinked blearily around his room, looking for what could have startled him awake so suddenly.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Everything was just as he had left it the day before and the dorms were practically silent this early in the day. Maybe he’d been in the middle of a bad dream? One look at the clock on his bedside table had Riku groaning in frustration. He had to get up soon, but maybe he could sneak in another half hour of sleep. Resolving to do so, Riku rolled over to go back to bed.

Or at least he tried to roll over, but he was stopped when something long and thin got caught under his thigh. It sent a shock of pain up his spine, wrenching a yelp from his throat. Riku gingerly lifted his leg to see what had caused the pain and was puzzled by what he saw. It was certainly long and thin, round too and covered in soft red fluff. Riku blinked at it in confusion and the thing twitched in response.

Riku eyes widened and he runs to the mirror. Two fluffy red with white tips ears are on top of his head now. A long and fluffy tail with matching color moves left and right behind him.

Riku had go into season.

"W-what is this nyaa- did i say nyaa?!" Riku says in panic. He can feel his heartbeat increases for a moment

"No riku! Calm down. You can hide it.. It just for a few months right?" Riku mumbles to himself trying to think the solution.

"Okay. I will hide it Nya"

Riku opened one of the drawers in his desk and poked around until he found a pair of small barrettes. He took the hood down and ran his hand over the left ear so it lay flat against his head.

He sucked in a bracing breath and slid one of the barrettes over the tip of the ear before snapping the clip closed. Riku yelped as sharp pain radiated out from his ear, eyes welling up with the sting of it. Riku did his best to ignore it and quickly clipped his right ear too.

He rubbed his watery eyes with his sleeve and pulled the hood back up over his head. To Riku’s relief, it sat normally this time. Unfortunately his whole head hurt now. He hoped his body would get used to it or he had a few very uncomfortable months in his future.

He slid out of his pants and grabbed a pair of socks out of his dresser. He held his tail straight against his right leg and used the socks to tie it tight at his thigh and calf. When he put his pants back on he was delighted to find that they were loose enough that you couldn’t tell there was a tail hiding against his leg.

He’d just have to hope his Idol costumes were loose enough for the same effect. Maybe if they weren’t he could tape the tail to his back somehow? He’d cross that bridge when he came to it; what mattered was that for the time being, he was in the clear.

.
.
.

Door open slowly

The half cat boy sneaking like a ninja carefully to avoid the members. Though he seems suspicious..

"YO riku!! How is your sleep" mitsuki loud voice startled riku.

"Good morning mitsuki-san, you awake early today" riku reply calming down his heartbeat.

“Nii-san was up early so he could go for a run in the nice weather,” Iori said, squinting at him suspiciously from his perch at the breakfast bar,

"Nanase-san, why are you dressing weirdly?” iori asks in confusion. Mitsuki peeks at him

"Interesting choice of clothes"

"Its just a change of fashion h-haha.. Isn't it a little cold too?" Riku reply nervously.

"Cold?? Nanase-san, its like 70°F in here. Are you sick?" Iori asks worriedly.

"U-uh... Nevermind then.. The cold has go away"

"Heh.. Come sit down riku. I make you breakfast" mitsuki change the subjects.

"I'm fine standing. I will just grab a juice and go back to my room" riku says trying to run away.

"Don't waste food nanase-san. If you don't like the food then nii-san can cook you something else" iori scolds him. Mitsuki nods

"Everything you want, riku"

"Everything i want?" Riku eyes shine at the offer.

"Umm then i want some grilled fish!"

Grilled fish?” Both Izumis asked, surprise clear on their faces. They exchanged a cryptic look and then Mitsuki turned a blinding smile on Riku.

“That sounds like a great breakfast Riku,” He said brightly, “Why don’t you come sit here by Iori and I’ll make us each one?”

"Okay!" Riku reply brightly.

As soon as he sat down they were on him. Mitsuki grabbed Riku from behind, pinning the younger boy’s arms to his sides. Riku cried out in shock and tried to get away but Mitsuki was too strong and the redhead was stuck fast in his chair.

Iori hooked a hand under Riku’s hood and yanked it down off his head. Riku let out a very feline yowl as his painfully pinned ears were jostled and revealed.

"N-nyaaa!!! It hurts!!"

"!!!"

....

Spoiler

"You actually go into season?!"

"What's going on?! I heard screaming"

"Kyaaa!!!!! A new cute fluffy kitten in our dorm!!!"