Feet First

Stop

Stop

Don't

Why are you both doing this to me?

Why don't you believe me? I didn't do anything. Please trust me. Mom help me!

*Beep beep beep beep*

You awoke to the sound of your alarm blaring in your ears and your heart racing. Reoccurring nightmares are the worst. Its been the same since you got out of your hometown.

But enough of that. Its time to get ready for the first day of your dream job.

Bouncing out of bed, you run into your bathroom turning on the water. 

The water is hot, relaxing your muscles and your nerves ever so slightly. Scrubbing your hair, you mentally set your intentions for the day.

Landing on being kind and going with the flow. The flow part was hard for you. 

You liked knowing what was coming. Your therapist claiming it was a survival tactic. But you were determined to change that.

You finished up your shower by brushing your teeth. What? It saves time.

After stepping out of the shower and drying yourself off, you wrap your hair in a towel and your body in a fluffy white robe.

It was a going away present from your childhood best friend Catherine. Catherine was the only one who actually cared about you and checked up often to make sure you haven't lost it.

Walking over to your closet, you pulled out a pair of skinny black slacks, a white button up that you tucked in, and a black fitted blazer. 

For shoes you set out a pair of black heeled booties. You waited to get dressed as to not accidently get makeup or hair products on your outfit.

Something that happened often so the lesson was learned.

Not wanting to look too over done you threw on light makeup and curled you long hair. Coating your lashes with mascara you looked at yourself in the mirror as you started to get dressed.

Nevers where starting to come back heavy.

What if they don't like me?

What if I make a bad first impression?

What if we get a case and I fuck it up?

What if-

As if on cue your phone beeps, indicating a text. Zipping up your boot you grab it to see who it is.

Catherine: I can smell the over thinking from here! Have an amazing first day my love. You're going to be perfect and I am so proud of you xo