Roses and Hotel Rooms

Recap: Spencer and Reader confess their love for each other

Recap: Spencer and Reader confess their love for each other. Spencer asks us if we wanted to meet his mother

Also lets pretend Diana lives in a facility in Vegas. OK? Ok.

Reader POV

It had been a week since you and Spencer dropped the "L" word to each other. Nothing had changed and for that you were grateful. Sometimes emotions like that can cause a relationship to crumble. At least in your experience anyway.

"Whats the plan for this weekend love birds? Hotch said you're both off till Tuesday." Morgan said as he ruffled Spencers fluffy hair.

The entire team heard Spencer be soft with you after the last case. Penelope already knew as she reads the texts exchange between the two of you since you started, admitting she saw some things she cant ever erase from her mind.

"Well if you must know, we're going to visit my mother and show y/n around Vegas." Spencer was so excited to take you home. You, on the other hand, were a nervous wreck. Meeting the parents is always hard, but meeting his mother would be harder.

Will she like me?

Will she think I'm going to take her son away?

Will she even be able to meet with us?

Your mind racing with thoughts like that for the past week. Everyday was different for her and you worried how a bad day would effect Spencer.

"Meeting the parents already?" Morgan asked you, pulling you away from your thoughts.

"And what of it mr.player?" You shot back, earning a chuckle from the team around you.

Morgan just rolled his eyes, flipping you off with his middle finger.

"Frankly, I'm excited to show her were I grew up. Maybe I'll even take her to the casinos!" Spencers voice laced with excitement

"Aren't you not allowed in like half of them because you count cards?" JJ said.

"Yeah yeah whatever." Spencer giggled.

----

The plane ride to Vegas was a long 5 hours. Spencer, despite hating technology, figured out how to download some movies on his phone, while you listened to your murder podcasts.

"Don't you ever get sick of murder? I mean we see it all the time with our job. I couldn't do that." Spencer questioned.

"No. Its always fascinated me. And plus these are cases that are already over with or ones that we wouldn't be called in for. And its nice to hear others perspective." You shrugged.

"But like we see this every other day." He looked at you

"Says the man who reads murder mysteries. Who are you to talk." You said pushing his shoulder.

"Okay okay you got me there. But reading a fictional story about a murder is extremely different than listening to real cases babe." The nickname sending butterflies to your stomach.

"Babe? That's new." You blushed at him, earning a smile back.

----

Stepping off the plane you were met with extreme warmth and humidity. Sweat instantly forming under your tits.

"Fuck. It's hot here. We've just got here and I'm already sweating." You said turning to look at Spencer.

You loved the warm weather but sweating also isn't your favorite thing.

"You can change when we get to the hotel. I miss the warmth." The smile on Spencers face was huge. As much as this place brought him pain, it was still his home.

We all hope we get out of our hometowns, no matter if it's a tiny town or a large city. Most of us get out and stay out, but many go back.

"Do you ever think about coming back?" You said.

Spencer slipped his hand into yours, interlocking his long digits with yours. He stopped for a minuet thinking about his response.

After a minuet he said, "no. I left this side of me when I moved to work for the BAU. This place, as much as I love it, brought me pain. That's why I don't come back as much as I want too. I am also slightly afraid to run into old classmates. I don't need the small talk. You know?"

And you did know. It was something you had in common with him. You swore the minuet you left your small New Hampshire town that you'd never come back unless called with a case.

"But, that doesn't mean I hate coming home. I am actually very excited to see my mother. And I'm even more excited to introduce you to her. Shes going to adore you." He squeezed your hand a little tighter.

---

The hotel Spencer booked was beautiful. Spencer grabbed your hand leading you to the elevator and up to the room. Putting the key card in the slot, spencer unlocked the door, dragging you into the large room.

It was picturesque to say the least. Rose petals lined the floor, leading you both to a king size bed with a bucket filled with ice, two bottles of champaign, and two champaign flutes.

"Spence, did you do all of this?" Your vision blurry from the tears that threatened to spill over.

"Do you like it?" His voice full of anxiety.

This boy always had a habit of over thinking things. But then again, so didn't you. "Like it? I love it, Spence. I can't believe you did this f-for me." You sniffled.

Spencer took his hands and cupped your face. Forcing you to look at him. "You're worth it and more babydoll." His thumbs wiping your tears away. "These better be happy tears." He giggled.

Please, god or whoever, let me listen to that giggle for the rest of my fucking life.

You reached you hand up, putting it on top of one of the hands resting on your face. Leaning into the touch you smiled up at him, "They are of course happy tears. This is just beautiful Spence. I love you."

He leaned down, bringing his lips to yours before speaking, "I love you too, y/n."

You moved your hands to Spencers hair deepening the kiss, Spencers hands roaming your body as he moved you to the bed. "Its going to be a long night, baby." He said as he brought his lips to your neck.

"I'm always down for a long night with you my love."