Chapter 16

I walked into the cafe with nerves in my heart. My thoughts full with bad possibility what he might want to say. I started to regret for agreed to meet him. Let alone talking to him. Every steps that i took, couldn't stop me from thinking that something happened between them. And i was not ready to face it, yet.

But it was too late. The decision had been made and i already took a sit opposite of him as soon as i saw him. He was sipping his coffee but his eyes didn't catch me. My appearance goes unnoticed to him. He was out of the zone, his soul was somewhere else when his body was right in front of me.

I could see his face was so dull and so pale, like his blood had been drained from his face. Like he carried too much weight on his shoulder. I noticed there was a few bruises on his cheeks. And he was skinnier from the last time i saw him. His cheekbones obviously popping out. And i scared for him. Not because i cared for him but because of what could possibly happen.

I cleared my throat to grab his attention. He jumped up in surprise, spilling a splash of coffee out of the mug he was holding.

"Didn't realize you were here." He muttered while cleaned up the mess with tissue.

"Yeah, sorry for surprising you." I quickly said.

"It's alright. I was unaware you're coming."

"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked, couldn't wait any longer. Just hoping he would tell everything that i need to know immediately. I fiddling with the bottom of my shirt wishing that that could increase my uneasy feeling in my stomach. For some point, i had the urge to throw up.

Not yet, please. Just wait a little bit more. I thought.

He glared at me whilst i waited patiently for him to speak. He let out a deep sighed and reaching for something in his pocket.

When he took it out, he tosed it onto the table, what looked like a piece of picture. I reached for the picture and took a close look. My eyes widened as it showed a Fetal Ultrasound Image—a sonogram? The image of fetus was visible in the picture.

I lifted my head to look at him. "I'm pregnant." He exclaimed. My heart thumping like it would come out from my chest, so loud that it hurt my eardrums. Tears forming in my eyes, just had to wait for it to fall down.

It couldn't be..

It just couldn't be. This was not happening to me.

Then i felt it. Something was disturbing my digest system up to my throat. I needed to go. I need to let it all out from my stomach.

"Nia—"

"Excuse me. Be right back—" I managed to say before i got up from my chair and rushed into one of the cubicle stall. I fell on my knees and i let everything out until it stopped by itself. I was panting heavily.

I palmed my heart, clenching it tightly. It was hurt right there. Really hurt that i wanted to end my life. I hit my heart painfully hard in hope that it would stop hurting. But it doesn't of course.

I defeated. Defeated by my own emotion. And i cried. Blubbering mess. Covered my mouth when it uncontrollably became louder. I didn't know what to think anymore. But i had to keep in mind that like it or not, the things that fated to be happen, still going to happen. And nothing you could do about that.

I forced myself to stop my crying and i was hicupping afterwards. Wiping my tears with the back of my hand, i stood up and off to the sink to wash my mouth and my face.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror for a while. Starting to question if this was just a dream. Why all the terrible things kept happening to me? It was not fair.