Chapter 17

Harry's heels bounced on the floor with his elbows touching his knees and his clasped hands rested on his forehead. Impatiently waiting for Liam to come out from Louis' hospital room. Wondering when will the examination on Louis done. We been waiting for god knows how long and Harry became more frantic each time. He would stood up and pacing from right to the left, back and forth, whilst i remained on my sit with Thomas slept on my lap.

Somehow i felt jealous on how worried he was for that guy. It was stupid feeling and i knew that. But i couldn't help it when his face showed that he really care. I shouldn't doubt my husband. He loved you and only you, Niall. I reminded myself.

His eyes went wild like he didn't know what to do. I could tell that he blaming himself for this.

"Harry, love.." i called him gently. He stopped pacing just to turned his head looking at me but didn't say anything.

"Everything will be alright." I tried to calm him with my words.

"How do you know that?"

I was taken aback by his question and i shut my mouth tight. Not saying anything further. I didn't have the answer. I didn't know how was his condition either. It was so insensitive of me to say such a thing. What if everything thing was not alright? I'd be the one to blame, isn't it?

My gaze slid down to my sleeping son.

He must noticed my changing expression because the next thing, he sat beside me and grabbed my cheeks, tilting my head to look at him. Our eyes locked on eachother.

"I'm sorry," he apologized. His thumb brushed my cheek. "I'm just worried about him and his baby. If anything happen to him, it's my fault." He rested his forehead against mine.

"That's not true. You know that it's not your fault."

"I knew something was wrong with him when we hung out. I saw his bruises, even he tried to hide it but i ignored those because i thought nothing were serious. Sure, i had my suspicious on his boyfriend gave that to him. But i just didn't want to care that time. I didn't even bother to ask if he was okay or ask him if he have a problem. Look what happened to him now? Just because i decided to ignore that. I was so irresponsible."

"Harry—" Liam who just finished doing his examination, came towards us.

Harry was on his feet in a second. I wanted to stand up as well but i was blocked mid-stand by Thomas on my lap.

"H-how is he?" Harry stuttered. Hands was shaking to his side. I reached his hand and squeezed it lightly, trying to comfort him.

Liam sighed. And it was not a good sign.

"I'm sorry to say but, he is not in good condition."

"What is that mean? Is it bad?" I asked.

Liam nodded. "Few ribs are broken. Haemorrhage in his stomach. Must be kicked pretty hard down there. We must get him into the operation room as soon as possible. But—i'm afraid we can't save the baby."

"W-what? No! You've got to save them both! You have to!" I spat. I couldn't let this happen. Louis obviously wanted to have his baby and now Liam said that his baby cannot be saved?

"We don't know about that yet, Ni. Let's hope they both are safe. Do you know any of his relative that i can reach?"

"No. He has nobody." Harry said firmly. "But you can reach me if anything."

Liam nodded, "Right. I need a permission to do an operation on him. A few agreement paper must be signed and some form must be filled by his relative so that we can do the operating. Since you are his closest relative now, i'll need you to sign the paper. Is that alright to you?"