Misheard

"Daddy!" Tae shouted from upstairs.

Both jungkook and Mr. Kim looked up.
"Yes bab-?" Jungkook started but immediately bit his tongue when Mr. Kim said, "Yes Tae-?" Mr. Kim looked at him weirdly, thinking why this man was answering his son.

"He called me, jungkook." Mr. Kim said, voice rude, eyes narrowing in suspicion.

Jungkook awkwardly laughed, "Yes yes, I misheard." Kill me.

"You sure you didn't get electrocuted? You mistook daddy for kookie?" Mr. Kim questioned.

"I get a little woozy in the night time, my mind goes baam boom." Jungkook makes the weird noises for effect.

"Baam boom? Are you drunk-" Mr. Kim was cut off by his wife.

"Yahh, let the boy live." Mrs. Kim waved her hand, stopping her husband from passing anymore rude comments.

Once again, the call came, "Daddy!" But this time Tae came out his room (where he was hiding in)

Because jungkook was already on the first step of the staircase he was the first one to see the boy standing on the topmost point. The little one was standing with a pout on his face, probably because he had to wait that long to be found.

Mr. Kim walked the small distance towards the stairs, but because he was still limping and walked slow, jungkook quickly said, "Yes Tae, your daddy (cringe) and mommy are here. Come come." Please try to understand baby, jungkook tried to create some magical mind link.

"Hmm?" Tae confusedly tilted his head to the side, still not fully out of his headspace. But when he saw his father standing down there, he froze. Even in his little mind he was scared his secret was out.

"Come down, buddy. Why you still awake?" Mr. Kim smiled, completely unaware of how both boys were panicking.

"Dad-da" Taehyung brokenly said, taking a little time to process, his mind battling between little Tae and big Tae. Jungkook was feeling really guilty about this, if only he had checked the time.

The boy walked down the stairs, trying so hard to walk normally and not with a wobble like he does in little space. When he finally reached, his dad hugged him. Jungkook just let out a sigh thinking things are in control.

"Did you have fun today, buddy?" Mr. Kim smiled as he ran his hand through the boy's head.

"Nice day, dada. Played soooooo much with kookie." Taehyung giggled, his mind struggling to come out of little space. But it wasnt very suspicious as Mr. and Mrs. Kim were used to Tae sounding like a little boy. They actually found it very cute.

"You were with jungkook today? I thought you were going to call jimin." Mr. Kim raised his eyebrow, then glaring at his wife he said, "And darling didn't you say jungkook came in the evening to check on Tae?"

What is happening? Is god punishing me because I stole jin hyung's food earlier this week? Hyung said god would never forgive me! Jungkook thought as he looked worriedly at Mrs. Kim.

"He did, sehun. But you know Tae, always exaggerating. I'm sure they played in the evening a little and that was a lot. Hehe right, sweet?" Mrs. Kim asked her son as she tried her best to handle the situation.

"Umm yeahh, mummy. Just a little, sowwy." Tae said, shrugging. Both jungkook and Mrs. Kim felt bad because they were sure this was all confusing for the younger.

Before Mr. Kim could say anything, Mrs. Kim beat him to it, "Anyway, why did you call for dada?"

Tae shrugged, not feeling very vocal. He was just confused now, and didnt want to say something wrong. Jungkook wanted nothing more than to cradle the boy close, feeling a little sad about how abruptly their day ended.